newbie to vending

Starcat

the oak vistas from Oakmfg.com are just single heads for $39, no, stands are not included.  Make sure you catch what all is included with the used Vistas', a lock is 5.95, cab back which increases capacity 2.00, if you want a .50 mech instead of a 25 cent its an extra 13.00.

last time i called them they were out of the cab backs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Starcat said:

Interesting, those are not as new / modern looking as i was anticipating. i think so far i think the vendstars look the best.  i guess im just not a fan of the bulky metal look.

Who cares what they look like? In this business you want machines that work and protect your money but hey get what you think is pretty smh

10 hours ago, musser said:

I've got a bunch of good oak vistas with heavy cast iron stands that I need to get rid of. Your choice $35 a set. I wont ship (too expensive anyway).

Boy I wish you were close to me.

7 hours ago, parrotthead said:

Who cares what they look like? In this business you want machines that work and protect your money but hey get what you think is pretty smh

well i dont care what they look like. my concern is the company will care what they look like, or something Older might make them harder to place.

well i dont care what they look like. my concern is the company will care what they look like, or something Older might make them harder to place.

I have them at 170 + places and no one has said anything about the looks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey sorry i'm late to this post, and welcome. If you're in Puyallup, you're just a hop skip and a jump from me. I've got a dozen or so locations in puyallup, and oaks do just fine. If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up. My parents actually live on south hill, i'm over in bonney lake area. 

1 hour ago, Starcat said:

Oaks are traditional looking gumball machines that everyone immediately recognizes. I guarantee you they will be  looked upon more favorably by locations than a Vendstar machine. I have been using them for many years and have been completely satisfied.  If the machine is clean, paint is good, have clear panels and a freshly painted metal stand then you will have no trouble placing them. There is a reason these machines have been around for decades and will continue to be for decades.

2 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

Hey sorry i'm late to this post, and welcome. If you're in Puyallup, you're just a hop skip and a jump from me. I've got a dozen or so locations in puyallup, and oaks do just fine. If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up. My parents actually live on south hill, i'm over in bonney lake area. 

Thanks man appreciate it. i am brand new to the game. i am getting started with rodney next week. very excited to see what happens.

2 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Oaks are traditional looking gumball machines that everyone immediately recognizes. I guarantee you they will be  looked upon more favorably by locations than a Vendstar machine. I have been using them for many years and have been completely satisfied.  If the machine is clean, paint is good, have clear panels and a freshly painted metal stand then you will have no trouble placing them. There is a reason these machines have been around for decades and will continue to be for decades.

Awesome. do you have a picture of your machine?

32 minutes ago, Starcat said:

Awesome. do you have a picture of your machine?

They look the same as Parrotthead's picture of his Oak Vistas. I also like the Oak 300s and you can see them at the Oak website that was given to you in a previous post.

ok you have definitely piqued my interest with those red ones,  where does one go about getting candy lables like gumballs or m&m's etc. the labels i see are all insanely expensive.. like 3 dollars each.

ok you have definitely piqued my interest with those red ones,  where does one go about getting candy lables like gumballs or m&m's etc. the labels i see are all insanely expensive.. like 3 dollars each.

I make them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetstopvending.com or vendinglabels.com

He's a good guy that seems to do labels on the side.  I called him and he was out running his route so I think bulk vending is his main job.  Great prices and quick shipping.

I'll toy with making my own eventually but when i can order them with nutrition info from him and they look nice.

sweetstopvending.com or vendinglabels.com

He's a good guy that seems to do labels on the side.  I called him and he was out running his route so I think bulk vending is his main job.  Great prices and quick shipping.

I'll toy with making my own eventually but when i can order them with nutrition info from him and they look nice.

He does a good job. I like the flexibility of printing them myself if I need some in a hurry even if they aren't of quite the same quality. For some reason we've had a lot of requests for different candy after a month or so and end up needing more stickers. I've recently gone to laminating them and taping to the inside so they are reusable. The oak panels are pretty easy to peel them off if you need to change products though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Craigslist sellers, it comes with a stand, but some don't.

I mentioned in another thread I bought some junk Oaks. I bought them for the pipe stands.

If you see someone selling pipe stands, grab them.

New pipe stands with shipping is $40-50.

I have over 200 vend stars and I love them. I pay average of 50 bucks apiece for them. I use them in all locations but my "a" locations. Everyone has there own options you'll just have to figure out what works for u. Btw I have vendstar plastic crap as people say in locations doing $75 bucks a month. That's 300 spins a month doing just fine.  I also have over 200 u turn machines and I'll pick vendstar before u turn.  Good luck

Archived