DN501E (Just Changed to Can Shims but my double column is vending all 3 cans)

So, I was wondering someone could help me?

I just went through and changed the machine to vend from bottles to cans. All 8 single column work fine, but the double column will spit out 3 cans every full rotation. It will spit three individual cans outs and then the next vend will do all three.

P4220014.JPG 

Snack Attack Vending LLC is offering (4) Dixie Narco "E" Series Double Column Plastic Can Shims. This is for the Dixie Narco drink vending machine models 501E & 600E. These shims measure 19 9/16" x 6 3/16". You will need (4) shims on each side of column if vending 12oz cans (Total of 8). This Can Shim is brand new from factory.

This is what I installed. I am 99% sure I can the red and grey disc set to the #2 hole.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

actually, Southeast I think you're right. I think I'm confusing the setting for the narrow column.

There should be a chart on your door telling you all the seeing #'s

I have my double column set to the #2 hole and have 6 open positions.

also, cans can slide under the back space. It's that a problem? I have them set in there closer to the front of the machine and not under the spacer. Obviously I'm talking about the first row of cans.

i have the back spacer in the right depth concerning the diagram

10 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Cam on 2 is correct. As for the shims, the widest part goes toward the back of the cabinet, and there should be 4 on each side of the column.

Four? Is it not 2 on each side for newer style shims for cans and 1 on each side for bottles??

If you are using newer shims then it's 4 - 3/32" shims on each side.  If you find any older shims then some might be double that thickness in which you would use 2 on each side.  

Ok, so I finally figured out the problem. I needed to add an extra shim to the right side. It just needed an extra on to help hold the can secure until its rotation.

So if anyone ever has this problem again...here are the solutions.

4 shims on each side

Disc set to the number 2 hole (Showing 6 positions for the motor switch to stop)

Make sure the wide part of the shim is at the back of the machine

You might need to add an extra shim on 1 or both side to hold the can in until it's time to vend.

BOOM!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

Archived