Substitute for .850 gumballs

Kinch

So I was very excited I got permission to put a machine in a clubhouse at a golf course by my house.  Very busy golf course and all they have is a little unmanned concession stand.  I was told I just need to avoid selling anything that they sell.  I picked up a nice used 1-800 with a, 850 count gumball wheel at the center, and candy heads on either side.  I was going to take it there after work with gumballs, chewy sprees, and fruit balls, all things they don't sell.  Well, and I'm sure it was an oversight because I described it as a , "gumball machine" when I gave the pitch to the manager on Sunday.  So anyway I was confirming with him just now where to put it tonight when I got off work when he mentioned to make sure it has no gum in it because they have a no gum policy.  I'm sure it was an oversight but now I'm kind of stuck.  Can I just blow Boston baked beans through that thing?  I definitely think bouncy balls and toys would be a bad deal at a golf course.  Mostly older male crowd.  

Any ideas?

Probably limited since it is a gb wheel. You could get some 1" caps and fill with a wrapped candy in a pinch. Or jawbreakers possibly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would still have to order that.  I need something for tonight.  I hate to have it empty it looks bad.  Couldn't I just put some kind of nuts in there?  They sell beer.  They probably sell peanuts now come to think of it.  Boston baked beans and burnt peanut are both about $2.26 a pound.  Hey, what about lemon drops will they vend?  They're a $1.40 a pound

Since it is a gumball wheel pan candies and nuts will just fall through the springs giving out free product and make a mess. You can delay installation for a few days while you track down a candy wheel and brush housing or like QuickVend suggested and get a small amount of 850 sized jawbreakers to hold you over until you get a candy wheel. Sam's also sells ribbon candies that can vend out of the 850 wheel.

Thanks for the response.   We don't have 850 jaw breakers available locally around here that I know of.  Explain ribbon candy to me.  We don't have a Sam's but we have Winco which has a lot of choices (no jaw breakers unfortunately).  Thanks

I've tried candy in a GB wheel before, problem was it was just too much candy for $.25. Won't help for today, but if you need just one candy wheel and brush housing, I might have one laying around I could sell for cheap. Let me know. 

9 minutes ago, Kinch said:

Thanks for the response.   We don't have 850 jaw breakers available locally around here that I know of.  Explain ribbon candy to me.  We don't have a Sam's but we have Winco which has a lot of choices (no jaw breakers unfortunately).  Thanks

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/bob-s-sweet-stripes-350-ct-tub-square/prod19770111.ip?xid=plp:product:1:2

I have never used them and I sure wouldn't keep them in there for long if I did. I have seen other vendors use them though. I know you want to get this machine on location but you really should consider delaying for a few days and getting a wheel overnighted from ebay or another supplier. The last thing you want is to put a substandard machine/product in a new location. Holding off a week should not hurt you. Tell the guy you had a mechanical issue and you are waiting on a new part.

Update just for interest.  I got the lemon drops and believe it or not, they were so big, that they would only vend one or two per vend, and they are so hard that it seemed at times it was going to break the machine.   I tried them in the candy wheels and same thing.   So, I was looking at the gum ball wheel on this 1-800 and it has an adjustment.  So I made it as small as it would go and put runts in there.  It still vends 12-13 every time, but there's no spillage or freebies.  It will get me by until I can get a candy only machine.  I already have a place that wants gumballs so I need to buy a candy only triple, and just switch it out.  I actually have a vendstar that fits the bill but I don't know if it's nice enough for this golf course.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions and assistance.

if you have empty caps you can fit 2 tootsie roll miggies in it

they are about a .01 each sams or walmart bags and a cap is only 3-4 cents

im doing a trial run of these and well see how it goes. also for golfer's its something they could grab a couple and throw in their pockets until they are out on the course

2 hours ago, sweetstop said:

if you have empty caps you can fit 2 tootsie roll miggies in it

they are about a .01 each sams or walmart bags and a cap is only 3-4 cents

im doing a trial run of these and well see how it goes. also for golfer's its something they could grab a couple and throw in their pockets until they are out on the course

let me know how it goes.  not sure what a miggie is?  I'll see if I can find something about it.  Thanks

On 6/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, sweetstop said:

for the 1800 to run a regular acorn cap remove the riser (disc under wheel) and one spring closest to the center and open the wheel all the way

Is this just for the 1800 machine? I don't have the riser under a gumball wheel in my oak, do I need to remove a spring as well?

Archived