New landmark

vendtex

I'm hoping to put NES out of business. Just kidding. Right now we are probably a little less than half where I want to be to support my sons wages and health insurance. As long as he can keep up I think we'll keep expanding. We have gradually reduced the mint boxes to just 22 now and likely that'll continue to fall. I wanna get help getting racks out but that seems more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I'm likely going to follow suit with my mint boxes as well. Im not able to put the time into them now like I was able to when I first started. Had your theft gotten any better? 

Congrats! I'm likely going to follow suit with my mint boxes as well. Im not able to put the time into them now like I was able to when I first started. Had your theft gotten any better? 

Thanks. The theft varies a great deal. I've slowly weeded out many. We have one that consistently sells more than expected but then the numbers per month are low and some that we fill twice a week but have about 50% theft but still are profitable. I think if we get a couple hundred more bulk sites though the boxes will stop unless they are low theft and good volume and on the general route as the bulk. My overall theft from the beginning is stable at about 30-31%.

That's the information I was trying to get from Karen. To me even if you are profiting it's very exhausting to be buying boatloads of candy every week.

Yea, there are a few I would think about keeping due to sa

Les volume, but even those are having theft % climbing. 

My biggest hangup on mint boxes is that even though I might pull $15 from a box and make $8-9 in profit, in the bank of my mind I know I should have $30 and profit $17.

I'll give it more time to earn me a few more dollars. I am still planning on being done of my snack honor boxes out there. Brians updates on his routes keep me interested in those. 

I purchased one route that had 15 now 14 locations but mostly have used locators. Machines unfortunately I haven't gotten the great deals many others do but they've come from various sources Craigslist eBay Amazon sams some directly from northwestern before they sold

I'm with you guys on the boxes. I like that my wife can easily locate them, and service them. But the theft is stupid here, and it takes a lot of time to track and record all the info, count the money etc. My plan is to move mainly to racks for the future. I'm at the point where i'd rather have 80 or so top notch bulk ($30+ a month) and 20 or so racks, even if they're spread out. So I plan to weed out my low earning bulk and locate more racks

I'm with you guys on the boxes. I like that my wife can easily locate them, and service them. But the theft is stupid here, and it takes a lot of time to track and record all the info, count the money etc. My plan is to move mainly to racks for the future. I'm at the point where i'd rather have 80 or so top notch bulk ($30+ a month) and 20 or so racks, even if they're spread out. So I plan to weed out my low earning bulk and locate more racks

Do you locate racks yourself or use a locator? I have about 7-8 I'd like to get located but there don't seem to be many options for locating.

Half and half. I used an in person locator for 3 of my racks..he did ok, in that the locations are sort of slow, not his fault really, i'm realizing that city is just not heavily populated. The other 4 or 5 so far i've done myself, and plan to keep doing, mainly going to target restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived