Does Anyone Dummy Lock Any Of Their Machines

Kevinator

I bought some old junk Oaks and the guy didn't have any keys, I started cracking them open and I found some of them didn't have any tumblers and were basically barrel nuts. I have some places I might feel comfortable placing a machine, I would stick it in my pocket while servicing the machine as to not advertise no tumblers.  I am kind of low on locks and I already have too many different keys.

Thanks for chiming in.

Of course I would never be a dummy with dummy locks. I would never use one at a Auto Repair place or a Ghetto Apartment Complex or any high producers. I was thinking along the lines of a emergency situation such as temporarily using one at a suburban AllState Agents office, a very low producer I have.

The guy that had these machines out at one time I wonder if he ever got boosted. Probably not or he wouldn't have used them.

Again thanks for the thoughts.

These junk Oaks that I bought, all of them had red side panels that are doing great keeping the sun out. But it is going to get hotter and with these red panels will my product get hotter and damage?

I am aware of the best scenario, don't put it in the sun. But some location owners have that certain spot and that is the only place I can put it.

45 minutes ago, Kevinator said:

These junk Oaks that I bought, all of them had red side panels that are doing great keeping the sun out. But it is going to get hotter and with these red panels will my product get hotter and damage?

I am aware of the best scenario, don't put it in the sun. But some location owners have that certain spot and that is the only place I can put it.

The red panels seem to do a better job diffusing heat than cardboard product cards but if it is sitting in direct sun for an extended period time it will heat up and eventually degrade most mainstream candies. I switch over to pressed candies in those situations. Runts, Rascals, Flower Power, Cry Baby Tears, Pucker Ups are just a few examples of products I will use in direct sun or non air conditioned locations in the summer. If you want to try PMM, MM, Skittles, Reece's Pieces, Mike & Ike's or Hot Tamales then don't fill the canister up more than a third because the weight of the candy will cause the candy at the bottom of the canister to fall apart or stick together quicker. If that happens you have a mess and more lost product.

5 hours ago, gumball guy said:

If you want to try PMM, MM, Skittles, Reece's Pieces, Mike & Ike's or Hot Tamales then don't fill the canister up more than a third because the weight of the candy will cause the candy at the bottom of the canister to fall apart or stick together quicker. If that happens you have a mess and more lost product.

Agreed. You are better off selling out than throwing product away. Save the soft stuff until it gets cooler and cloudier. If the location demands chocolate insist on a safer spot. If they move it, pull the machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived