Small Costco Rant

Caveat: l like Costco, great prices, clean store, helpful employees. When I compare them to Sam's Club there is no comparison, Sam's just loves vendors. They list all beverages, individual candy, chips, and cookies by unit price. So I instantly know my COGS. Costco does it by weight, so I have to do long division everytime I want the unit price. Costco opens at 10am, so does Sam's, but if you have a business account, they open at 630am. So it is just you and other vendors and a line of boxtrucks. Lastly, Costco's app and website is a dumpster fire. They list things as in your stoethat aren't there. The online prices don't match the store. It's just doo plus doo. Sam's has scan and go, the website is pretty accurate. They price match anything, have free WiFi, and tend to have a Walmart closeby. Now I am lucky that I have Sam's and a Costco within 3 miles of my house and a mile from storage unit. There is even a BJ'S close by but I never shop there. Other folks aren't as lucky, and are stuck with what they got. I even talked to Costco's management, and got the Deer in headlights look. Okay rant over, back to your previous scheduled program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've always loved Costco and when I first got into the business I said "Costco only" That changed REAL QUICKLY. Costco doesn't seem to care about the vendor, Sam's does. Costco offers delivery but charges more pet case, Sam's Club offer free pick-up orders. Costco selection SUCKS unless you go to the business center, Sam's is always better, and some locations are AMAZING!!! 

I will always love Costco more than Sam;s, but NOT for my vending business.  Most Costco's in my area don't carry hardly anything!!! - They tell you you have to go to the business center if you want "a Box of skittles"...... It's the worst selection in the world...

Although I like Costco and the products they offer, I didn't renew the membership once I was into vending. They are geared towards personal use while Sams caters to businesses quite a bit more. 

I found that Costco is good for home use but not business ( especially vending) . Sams isn't great but it's better than Costco . I have the Sams membership that gives you a rebate on your purchases, this way my membership is free and I still get $400.00 a year back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Randymire said:

I found that Costco is good for home use but not business ( especially vending) . Sams isn't great but it's better than Costco . I have the Sams membership that gives you a rebate on your purchases, this way my membership is free and I still get $400.00 a year back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you about the rebate.  Considering the chips and cans are virtually cheaper than anywhere else I go to, they get the bulk of my business.  I'm also starting to purchase orders from VSO for the oddball stuff I cannot get at Sam's Club.

Last time I was in Costco, I did notice that almost everything was anywhere from 1/2 cent to 2 cents cheaper per unit.  That was very surprising for me.  The downside to Costco is that I don't think they have a good way for me to get my product due to the setup.  At Sam's, I can specify that I want things put on a skid or two and they will load it all up for me.  From there, I can downstack it in the truck so nothing tips over.  As everyone has stated, Sam's Club seems better for businesses, whereas Costco is better for home/family use.  We do go to Costco about once each month and probably spend $100-$200 on groceries.

22 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I've always loved Costco and when I first got into the business I said "Costco only" That changed REAL QUICKLY. Costco doesn't seem to care about the vendor, Sam's does. Costco offers delivery but charges more pet case, Sam's Club offer free pick-up orders. Costco selection SUCKS unless you go to the business center, Sam's is always better, and some locations are AMAZING!!! 

I will always love Costco more than Sam;s, but NOT for my vending business.  Most Costco's in my area don't carry hardly anything!!! - They tell you you have to go to the business center if you want "a Box of skittles"...... It's the worst selection in the world...

Did you use the Costco Business Center at 35th Ave/Grand Ave/Indian School Rd?

Archived