Massive Decal on my Box Truck?

I am thinking of spending the money to put a MASSIVE decal of my logo and a phrase or two (100% free vending, etc.) on my box truck (my logo is one color, and is basically a circle). I personally feel that it would be my BEST marketing option, and since it looks so official, I just might get a call from a CEO who passed by it one day while being unhappy with his current vendor, and I might get a chance to do something big! 

The decal on both sides and the rear will cost no more than $2000. I know a guy who might do it for me for much less!

I did hear someone say the other day they don't decal their truck on purpose.

Any thoughts on the topic? 

I would prefer that people don't know what's in the truck, but the larger companies put some kind of logo on there.  I do, however, want a magnet that I can put on the side of my truck when I am parked in a loading area.

I don't think it's a bad idea.  I think it is a good idea, but I have my preference.  Does it look professional? 100% yes!!  Does it get you calls? I don't know but I have my doubts.  I just can't imagine too many people catching your number out on the road.  They might see it, but will they read it? Will they be able to write it down or dial it before you drive off? Do people even pay attention? Lol.  From my experiences, a large portion of people don't even realize that they aren't alone on the road.

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Hopefully before I see that person I land an account that keeps me in a gated area and busy 5/days/50hours/week !!!!!!

**The dream**

Even more so the dream, after that first account. Getting another one and hiring an employee that works for me!!

Plus,

Just now, AngryChris said:

I would prefer that people don't know what's in the truck, but the larger companies put some kind of logo on there.  I do, however, want a magnet that I can put on the side of my truck when I am parked in a loading area.

I don't think it's a bad idea.  I think it is a good idea, but I have my preference.  Does it look professional? 100% yes!!  Does it get you calls? I don't know but I have my doubts.  I just can't imagine too many people catching your number out on the road.  They might see it, but will they read it? Will they be able to write it down or dial it before you drive off? Do people even pay attention? Lol.  From my experiences, a large portion of people don't even realize that they aren't alone on the road.

Plus.. they might remember the name but my website isn't up yet if they go to Google search me!

1) yes, you hit my first point - website and SEO have to be up and running to get the best use of any other advertising these days.  If they are driving when they see you, they will not be able to write anything down but they will search your name.

2) If you are putting markings on your truck, invest in a drop safe also (under $500 usually).  Your truck WILL be a target whenever it is parked, because it is screaming "money inside!".   A safe is not a bad idea even if you are unmarked.  Theft of one days collections one time will cost much more than a safe.    http://www.dsvendinginc.com/search.aspx?searchterm=safe

3) shop around for wraps.  GTP does truck wraps as well as machines, I don't know how their prices stack up. 

4) how long do you expect your current truck to last?  If it's on it's last legs already, save your money to wrap the next one.

5) Do you have your name on your current machines?  A small investment in some nice company labels for your machines is another good point of advertising. 

My truck is not wrapped by choice.  I started out working from home (and still take the truck home most nights) and do not want to make my home and family a target by having a branded truck in the driveway.   For me, my best advertising has been personal referrals from existing customers, and my web site.  Everyone searches the web when looking for services.  

3 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

1) yes, you hit my first point - website and SEO have to be up and running to get the best use of any other advertising these days.  If they are driving when they see you, they will not be able to write anything down but they will search your name.

2) If you are putting markings on your truck, invest in a drop safe also (under $500 usually).  Your truck WILL be a target whenever it is parked, because it is screaming "money inside!".   A safe is not a bad idea even if you are unmarked.  Theft of one days collections one time will cost much more than a safe.    http://www.dsvendinginc.com/search.aspx?searchterm=safe

3) shop around for wraps.  GTP does truck wraps as well as machines, I don't know how their prices stack up. 

4) how long do you expect your current truck to last?  If it's on it's last legs already, save your money to wrap the next one.

5) Do you have your name on your current machines?  A small investment in some nice company labels for your machines is another good point of advertising. 

My truck is not wrapped by choice.  I started out working from home (and still take the truck home most nights) and do not want to make my home and family a target by having a branded truck in the driveway.   For me, my best advertising has been personal referrals from existing customers, and my web site.  Everyone searches the web when looking for services.  

Some good points there, especially about the safe equaling one day's sales. I have some nice stickers on my machines, but I don't really think my accounts are the right kind to get referrals. None of them are the greatest, though some are decent. 

4 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Dont do it. Professional yes. But....do u want a competitor to park outside your warehouse and follow your route guy and take away some locations? Vandalism? Theft? I rather have nothing, costs nothing, and no one knows whats inside. 2k is spent in alot of other things. And im sure u wouldnt get calls out of it.

Every established vending company I work with has all of their trucks with the names or logo's on them.  They are traveling billboards.  Even the repair vehicle has their name on them.  Also I have never lost an account because a vendor followed my truck around it was because we provided poor service or equipment.

Get that website up asap.  Then letter that van or box truck.  We actually hired out each truck and had them hand painted.  Cost a little more but they looked sharp.  Also be sure they can clearly see your phone number on each side and the back doors.  One of the biggest accounts we ever got was because they saw our trucks.  They felt we were serious vendors.

Here is a account I worked with Dependable Vending to install.  Believe me it took advertising and lots of work to get this done.  Get your name out there, show them you can do it.

IMG_0602.JPG

13 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I am thinking of spending the money to put a MASSIVE decal of my logo and a phrase or two (100% free vending, etc.) on my box truck (my logo is one color, and is basically a circle). I personally feel that it would be my BEST marketing option, and since it looks so official, I just might get a call from a CEO who passed by it one day while being unhappy with his current vendor, and I might get a chance to do something big! 

The decal on both sides and the rear will cost no more than $2000. I know a guy who might do it for me for much less!

I did hear someone say the other day they don't decal their truck on purpose.

Any thoughts on the topic? 

I would just put your name with (Fancy Graphics) Go on line to find a logo you like and apply your company name to it.  White vans make the best for color contrast.  You are on the right track.  Then get some golf shirts made up with that same logo on the pocket area.  Next contact vista print  to get a nice batch of cards at a discount price.  Finally get or design a batch of brochures: Taradel is the online place we use. On the shirts try to avoid light colors because they show dirt.  Dark with white lettering looks great. Make everything match.  

On the truck just put your name

drinks-snacks-coffee-food vending machines 

Phone clearly

$15 will get you 1000 single sided business cards, $22 for dual sided. Vistaprint let's you design the card, fonts, color, upload pics, all from their site. Then put them everywhere. Bulletin boards, bars, waiting areas. Hand them out like tictacs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Already have done a lot of that! Got the shirts, cards, flyers, machine stickers, etc. The decal is the last part. My logo is a very simple (yet sophisticated) one-color logo, it will go beautifully on the sides of my white box truck!

Regarding the wording. I was thinking that (in no particular order) I will have my number, website, the phrase "100% free service", and then "drinks, snacks, coffee, vending machines"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, lacanteen said:

We get a lot of compliments about our Micro-Market trucks.

IMG_20170607_161138_hdr.jpg

Now that is a beauty.  I bet you do get lots of business and compliments. You are the real deal.

1 hour ago, Poplady1 said:

Now that is a beauty.  I bet you do get lots of business and compliments. You are the real deal.

Well, they're a Canteen Franchise so they kinda have to be...

But I agree, it looks sharp, unlike my local Canteen franchise, who uses their trucks as rolling billboards for the local ambulance chaser...looks like the ads on the local city buses...

You guys must have nice competitors out here they try to run you over, take your accounts, follow you, threaten you, its like an old western out here they should make a reality show.

20 hours ago, TKK said:

You guys must have nice competitors out here they try to run you over, take your accounts, follow you, threaten you, its like an old western out here they should make a reality show.

I haven't come across that attitude in the areas I have experience.  Are you saying full line vendors do that stuff in your area? 

On 6/10/2017 at 8:08 AM, Poplady1 said:

I haven't come across that attitude in the areas I have experience.  Are you saying full line vendors do that stuff in your area? 

Me neither, and I have been around quite a while. 

On 6/9/2017 at 0:13 PM, TKK said:

Where are you at TKK

Archived