Northwestern coin trays

parrotthead

16 minutes ago, vendtex said:

I have big hands but I think it's more difficult to collect with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any you want to get rid of so I can try them?

1 hour ago, parrotthead said:

I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone uses them. What do you think? For my money I think they are kinda high

s-l225.jpg

I have never used them but always wished that all Super 60s had them. One of the reasons I like Oak is because I can just dump coins into a bag unlike my 60s where I have to shovel them out if front of everyone. It's just quicker and safer to be able to dump coins directly from a tray or machine body. That said I am probably too much of a cheapskate to buy trays going forward.

i use them and like them

i only use them in high volume places that would normally take several scoops with my hand to empty. I was able to get a good deal on 30 of them so i took them, would like to get more but im not paying $5-6 a piece

3 hours ago, vendtex said:

Do the quarters gather around the sides of it like they do on those v line machines with a pull out tray?

Yes, especially on the front right, so if you have a good location coin falls out when you lift the body up. I do not like them.  I bought a route a few years back (all rack locations) that had the "cash and dash" 60's, they are a royal pain to service. The regular 60's are much faster to service.

i use oak vistas for charity because of the dump body, for single and double heads it is faster than a NW to service. All my racks are NW 60 on the bottom because they are the fastest to service. 

Yes, especially on the front right, so if you have a good location coin falls out when you lift the body up. I do not like them.  I bought a route a few years back (all rack locations) that had the "cash and dash" 60's, they are a royal pain to service. The regular 60's are much faster to service.

i use oak vistas for charity because of the dump body, for single and double heads it is faster than a NW to service. All my racks are NW 60 on the bottom because they are the fastest to service. 

When servicing the oaks where do you set the upper part with the candy while taking the body off to get the money?

I set the top where ever is handy! I use a 5 gallon bucket with a tool liner in it to service. Carey's everything I need winded papee towel etc, I bag the coin throw it in the bottom of the bucket. When taking the head off if there no place to sit it I can set it in the bucket. Or just hold it under your arm

Those NW trays end up getting stuck in my highest earners. Like I would have to scoop quarters out just to make room to pull out the tray, so I removed the trays. For oaks if it's a double, I normally set the head on top of the other head, but there's always that risk that I'll knock it over and spill everything, hasnt happened yet tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Those NW trays end up getting stuck in my highest earners. Like I would have to scoop quarters out just to make room to pull out the tray, so I removed the trays. For oaks if it's a double, I normally set the head on top of the other head, but there's always that risk that I'll knock it over and spill everything, hasnt happened yet tho.

That's my concern. Spilling the whole thing.

Btw does anyone have collection trays for the NW triples?

Oak also makes collection bases like the nw 60 for a lil extra... honestly that's what I want on all my oaks..I have it on 2 right now..I'd rather scoop than take the whole thing off

2 hours ago, vendtex said:

When servicing the oaks where do you set the upper part with the candy while taking the body off to get the money?

Same as Musser....wherever I can find a spot for it. I work out of a Dubble Bubble box most of the time so I will set it in there or on the floor as a last resort. I won't set it on the other head (on a double) because I know my clumsy a#* will eventually knock one over. 

Oak also makes collection bases like the nw 60 for a lil extra... honestly that's what I want on all my oaks..I have it on 2 right now..I'd rather scoop than take the whole thing off

Did you get it from oak? Last I asked they claimed it wasn't available yet.

Archived