Possibility of updating an old coke machine

Mehehe

I have a location that cant make up their mind whether or not they want a drink machine.  The owner did say if I had an antique coke/pepsi machine that I could place it anytime.  I think it's more of a "decor" issue than a space/cost issue.  

1. Anyway what I am wondering is if a machine like the one pictured could be updated to take plastic bottles, I don't want to deal with the issue of empty glass bottles.  I doubt 20oz will fit but what about 16.9 oz bottles, they are probably the closest to height and diameter of the glass bottle.  

2. Then there is the issue of a new coin mech in it... I assume it would be essentially rewiring the entire machine and probably adding some kind of sensors or a board or...

Well... probably a pipe dream and would be insanely expensive to do, but thought I would ask if its even remotely realistic.

00f0f_k0kdQGhixwC_1200x900.jpg

Can you switch a row boat to a nuclear submarine.  It probably can be done, BUT, you would have to redesign the entire machine.  Probably could buy two or three good used machines for the same cost. Put that one on eBay and let the antique dealers mess with it. Because of the volume, you would never get ahead of the expense.  Me, I would pass on this deal.

This location needs to buy their own antique machine and F with it themselves.  I do think that if a machine like this is still set up originally for bottles that you could possibly get plastic 16.9s to work but the old vend mechanisms that were designed to work with glass bottles might tear a plastic bottle.  Some of the later versions did come with coin mechs using a standard Jones plug so you could put a current single price mech in it.  But again, if the location is wanting something this old and outdated then you should leave it to them to do themselves, especially since you can't get parts for it and it will certainly break down.

Archived