Many of you had expressed doubt.... about...

Subject line - Letting the bank count my change for me....

Well.. I have the PERFECT SOLUTION!!!!

I like coin hunting for silver. And today a bright light went off in my head:

Within the week, I am going to get a BOAT LOAD of coins to sort through. Initially, the only thing that prevented me from doing so was the idea of re-rolling as much as I unravel... WELL:

When I sort through all of my coins, I will know EXACTLY how much I have taken out. So, when I'm doing sorting my coins I am going to throw all the bad ones in a bag and drop them off at the bank. I will count how much I have taken out.

I do believe, bank honesty will be truly tested here! I personally believe in bank honesty, but understand the contrary - especially with coins!

This is a win-win as far as I'm concerned:

1) I will get to coin hunt without having to reroll (I MIGHT get crazy with this)

2) I will know if the bank is counting wrong!!!!

If the counts turn out to be untrue... well... with a video camera and several miscounts I would say I have a multi-million dollar lawsuit (or probably just settlement) on my hands!!!

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Subject line - Letting the bank count my change for me....

Well.. I have the PERFECT SOLUTION!!!!

I like coin hunting for silver. And today a bright light went off in my head:

Within the week, I am going to get a BOAT LOAD of coins to sort through. Initially, the only thing that prevented me from doing so was the idea of re-rolling as much as I unravel... WELL:

When I sort through all of my coins, I will know EXACTLY how much I have taken out. So, when I'm doing sorting my coins I am going to throw all the bad ones in a bag and drop them off at the bank. I will count how much I have taken out.

I do believe, bank honesty will be truly tested here! I personally believe in bank honesty, but understand the contrary - especially with coins!

This is a win-win as far as I'm concerned:

1) I will get to coin hunt without having to reroll (I MIGHT get crazy with this)

2) I will know if the bank is counting wrong!!!!

If the counts turn out to be untrue... well... with a video camera and several miscounts I would say I have a multi-million dollar lawsuit (or probably just settlement) on my hands!!!

This experiment has GOT to represent a truth, I don't think there can really be an in-between??

I think that with today's technology, the banks 99% guaranteed have a machine that will not make an error!

Like you said though, I'll know what I should have. Hopefully out of $2000 I have $10 in silver coins and 1990 to return!!!

..$10 in silver coins would be quite decent!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't get too excited about a big lawsuit or even a settlement if they are off.  It still comes down to your word against theirs and if their vault is counting your coins, they will be right regardless of what you may have verified previously.  I had a issue with my bank many years ago when they kept reporting my deposits a couple dollars short and adjusting it.  It was always in the coins.  I had my coin counter maintenance and calibrated and we even started verifying our bags.  We were 100% right.  The bank claimed they were 100% accurate and said the error was with my machine.  NOW...think about this logically.  My machine would have to count coins TWICE to over-report, while their machine would have to miss coins to show a short fall.  Hmmmmm....what is a sensor on a coin counter more likely to do?  Regardless, I just started depositing FED Level bags that my armor carrier that picks up our money would verify and submit to the bank for approval.  Imagine that....my deposits are exact once again.  Gotta love those banks.   Just my 2 cents!  :) 

3 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Are you offering growth loans?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am. Grind the old fashion way with hard work and experience gained with hours put in instead of a get rich quick lawsuit 

I used to work for Brandt, they made commercial sorters, bill counters and the like.They made one that would do 10k coins a minute. More often than not, it was operator error. Not emptying bags all the way. Not clearing the tray. Stuff like that. Banks are supposed to count everything twice, the odds of it coming out wrong both times is huge. But that requires you to dump everything you just counted back in the machine to verify. Basically laziness or not really caring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Even if you test the bank and all is well today, it does not mean that a teller tomorrow won't get greedy.... I have no issues with my bank but I count everything before it goes in, and my bank knows how accurate my deposits are; we rarely have differences.  If you don't count your individual accounts, how do you track sales and collections, pay commissions, etc? 

On 6/12/2017 at 5:13 PM, BlindVending said:

I am. Grind the old fashion way with hard work and experience gained with hours put in instead of a get rich quick lawsuit 

You just don't like me for some reason. I think the point of my post was pretty clear, with a little half-serious one-liner and a "!!" at the end. I also think the intentional rhyming of the title adds to the fun nature of the post. 

2 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

You just don't like me for some reason. I think the point of my post was pretty clear, with a little half-serious one-liner and a "!!" at the end. I also think the intentional rhyming of the title adds to the fun nature of the post. 

Canadians act like they don't like anyone, but they are actually pretty friendly.  It's weird, I know.  If you watch southpark, you'll learn that the tops of their heads are actually disconnected from the bottom of their heads.

Funny replies. 

I have and do not wish and ill will or dislike to you or anyone else on this site.  Just seemed like a dumb post.

As for Chris' reply. Not sure what to say about the head comment. Lol.

Funny replies. 

I have and do not wish and ill will or dislike to you or anyone else on this site.  Just seemed like a dumb post.

Any head is good head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On 6/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, BlindVending said:

Funny replies. 

You say that but you call the post a "dumb" post. Your response implies rudeness, which is what your initial comment was. 

I actually think the post has relevance to these forums.

An earlier post of mine talked about letting the banks count your coins for vendors. Many expressed doubt.

My post is about testing it. Heck, it's about an experiment that could benefit the vending community. 

Being a newbie I may be talking about something un-important to you, BUT it is a relevant topic.

Updates to this post will actually benefit MANY newbies to come.

Not dumb. 

****Just collected 18 silver half dollars - I know EXACTLY how much the bank should tell me I have****

For all those who care

On 6/20/2017 at 3:18 AM, BlindVending said:

Goodluck and have fun  dude. You're honestly reaching for some negativity that isn't there.

I'll let others who read your comments be the judge of that - because we both know the negativity was there. Heck, I bet you'll go through and delete them, I count 4 when I am making this post. 

I don't think we can delete our own posts from the forum.  I've never tried to so I don't know.  You're even limited to how long you can edit a post before it's locked.  

1 hour ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I'll let others who read your comments be the judge of that - because we both know the negativity was there. Heck, I bet you'll go through and delete them, I count 4 when I am making this post. 

Dude let it go. Now I'll give you some: quit whining. You're annoying me with the constant butthurt replies. I don't care personally if you do your little project or not. It's you're time. I was simply stating that there are probably many better ways to spend you're time (ie: a bigger, busier route) than getting caught up on the little things in life. But hey - each to their own. 

I would never delete a post even if I had the ability. 

Now please drop stop responding to me because I could care less about the pettiness. Work hard and succeed (as I previously stated). 

Not even sure why I am responding to this.....

Get a plastic coin bag from the bank. Put $500 in quarters in it. Bring it to the bank but tell them you need it to be available today otherwise it won't be deposited in your account until it is verified in 7-10 days. Believe me, they will accurately count it. 

None of the banks or credit unions in my area will accept rolled coin anymore.  I have to use their coin counting machines.  The credit union I use is ALWAYS inaccurate (well, except for twice it was correct).  The bank I use is almost always accurate.  Neither of the care at all when I tell them their machine counted my coins incorrectly.  Usually it counts dimes as pennies.  I NEVER have pennies so there should be a zero next to the pennies on the printout.  That's not the case when the machine is wrong, but then again, they don't care.  Most of the time they won't even acknowledge that I told them about the problem.  I just quit using the credit union coin machine altogether.  I only use the bank for coins.

Archived