No escrow

57thTom

Why would a bill acceptor be set to not hold money in escrow? I understand the logic of forced vend, but why would you want to make it impossible for a customer to get his money back if his preferred product is sold out?

You will want to use force vend and disable bill escrow if you think the likelihood of people trying to use your machine as a bill changer is great.  If you don't have that issue, which causes the coin mech to deplete its change and not accept bills, then you don't need force vend turned on.

What brought this question is a problem with a vendo 511. So today I read the sticker inside the door. Escrow is in the machine programming.

The machine has three tubes of quarters so it can be used as an extra change machine.

I tried to get the machine to return bills by pushing the coin return button, but it wouldn't return the bill. Just like the customers told me.

With the door open I held the door switch with my thumb, put a bill in the machine then pushed the coin return button. Still no go. So I pushed down the lever on the coin mech and the machine returned the bill from escrow.

Is there a way to adjust the coin return so the lever will go down far enough?

Pull the coin mech off and see if there is another set of mounting screw holes above the ones your coin mech uses. If so then move your screws to those to raise it up. Otherwise you can loosen the coin mech door hinge screws and try to raise it up.  You could also have worn out c/r parts in the door or the mounting of it is loose on the inside of the door.  If you have a MEI 4000 mech those c/r levers can be a bit shorter than other models.

I threw my quantum pro away... I think. Regardless, it's gone. The quantum and the vortex are garbage for different reasons. A 9302-gx is great but only a 3-tube mech. 

Btw, your problem seems clearly like a mechanical issue and not an escrow issue.

Archived