new location

I landed a new location and I need to call the owner of the company who currently is doing their vending. I'm just curious what the vets do when they make these phone calls. How do these conversations usually go? What do you say? I need to set a date with them so I can move my stuff in and I feel like they're gonna be pissed at me because it's a pretty good location. Does anyone have any advice on how this can be done professionally? 

That's not your job, that's the location's job.  Without notification from the account how do they take it seriously?  The location should notify them by mail, preferably certified.  The location is terminating the agreement, not you, and any disagreement or contesting is between the incumbent and the account.  The vendor will probably string you along so be prepared to move their machines or turn them to the wall.  If they have made it your job to do then just be professional and expect to give them 2 weeks notice.  

They asked me if i'd do it so i told them that i would. The current vendor will contact them to verify but I'm gonna make to initial phone call. I guess from now on I'll just tell locations that they have to do it.

We recently took a location from another vendor. The location called to have him pick his machines up. A week later we show up to deliver our and his are still there so we moved them out of the way. Long story short, 6 weeks later after multiple calls from location, us, and coke, his machines are still there

I don't mind coordinating with the outgoing vendor, and sometimes have even offered to buy their equipment if the location didn't have issues with how it worked.  It depends on the situation.  I had one account where the vendor was not answering their phone and the voice mail was full (of unanswered messages).  I finally had to track him down at home to let him know he was losing the account and he should pick up his machines, which were always empty anyway from lack of service.  But yes, the location has to be involved too, it's their problem to solve but I help when I can.

Don't contact him until you are ready to move in. More often than not the ousted vendor shows up unexpectedly and removes their equipment in an attempt to make you look bad. Never notify until you have everything you need: equipment, inventory, locks, etc.

I contacted the current vending operator on Friday and let him know that he's losing a location. I just talked to the location today to see if they have been contacted by him, and they have. The current vendor is telling them that they're under contract and can't get out. She told me that they were not nice about it at all and aren't gonna make it easy. I'm just wondering if there's anything that I can do to help them out? I'm there new vendor so I would like to help as much as I can, what would you do?

There's nothing you can do since it's a contract dispute.  Tell the location to give their notice with a certified letter.  If there is a contract then you'll soon know if the vendor is willing to pursue it in court if the location fights it.  You could also offer to buy his machines if he'll give the location up.  That's it. 

If I have a really good relationship with the other vendor, I will let them know that their account is looking for a change... and give them a chance to fix it. Otherwise they understand why I am taking their account, because the account called me.

If I don't know the vendor well, then it is the location's job to schedule a time for the old vendor to leave, and then get your machines in ASAP, so there is little disruption in service.

Okay, thanks for the help. What do you guys think about this: the current vendor is actually a company who just bought out the last vendors entire route about 4 or 5 months ago. I'm wondering if the location could argue that the only signed contract is with the old vendor. Couldn't they argue that a signed contract between them doesn't exist? 

Archived