Orange juice

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help. Can I vend 15.2 OZ  minute maid orange juice in Royal 660 or Vendo 721. Do I need a glass front for this. I have location which is insisting for it.

Thanks again for your help.

It is not a can, I can't find  orange juice cans in my area, Sams and Costco do not carry it. It is 15.2 oz bottle from Coke bottler.

Have you thought about the 10oz bottles. They might be more cost effective. I think Walmart carries a couple in that size, minute maid and Tropicana I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Corvus Corax said:

Have you thought about the 10oz bottles. They might be more cost effective. I think Walmart carries a couple in that size, minute maid and Tropicana I think.

What machines can vend 10 0z bottles. Can stackers like vendo 721 or royal 660 vend them?

I have a Vendo 720 that I put Deerpark 20oz waters in. I usually put no more than 30 in which is over half full and I have no problems. And the Deerpark's are a little squishy. I would go buy a 6pk or 12pk of each and see which have the stiffer plastic. You might be able to go three deep. You can put some cans on top, maybe a case to wait them down and see if there are any issues. I personally love the Vendo 720, it is my favorite machine, and the 721 is even better since it is shimless.

20 hours ago, AngryChris said:

If the minute maid are the hour glass shaped bottles,  they can vend but they can also jam due to the shape. I just wouldn't stock it completely full.

They are hour glass shaped. Thank you I will try to it but as this is a new location, I was wondering what machine to install there. I have Royal 660 and Vendo 721 in my stock but I need to buy glassfront.

Sam's sells 10 oz bottles which I don't think you can vend in either vendo or royal.

The 10 oz vend in a bevmax but that's an expensive investment just to vend orange juice.  I have vended the minute maid before.  It did work, but not nearly as reliably as common shapes and sizes.

8 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

The 10 oz vend in a bevmax but that's an expensive investment just to vend orange juice.  I have vended the minute maid before.  It did work, but not nearly as reliably as common shapes and sizes.

That is the dilemma I am having, the manager is insisting on orange juice.

Do the 15.2 oz bottles you found.  They will probably work best in a stacker.  You don't need to worry about how much you put in a column because they probably won't sell well and you don't want too much in the machine anyway.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:18 AM, putrevus said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help. Can I vend 15.2 OZ  minute maid orange juice in Royal 660 or Vendo 721. Do I need a glass front for this. I have location which is insisting for it.

Thanks again for your help.

https://floridasnaturalgrovehouse.com/products/orange-juice-11-5oz-cans?variant=720557049

You are most likely not going to sell much OJ, so just order it from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Floridas-Natural-Premium-Orange-Juice/dp/B00KIJ0H2E/ref=pd_sbs_325_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KIJ0H2E&pd_rd_r=J0G5QHKDPHM226KFFSE0&pd_rd_w=D5Eyi&pd_rd_wg=shgwC&psc=1&refRID=J0G5QHKDPHM226KFFSE0

and sell at cost

Alternately, you can get the San Pelligrino carbonated juices and market it as a premium product.

7 hours ago, orsd said:

You are most likely not going to sell much OJ, so just order it from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Floridas-Natural-Premium-Orange-Juice/dp/B00KIJ0H2E/ref=pd_sbs_325_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KIJ0H2E&pd_rd_r=J0G5QHKDPHM226KFFSE0&pd_rd_w=D5Eyi&pd_rd_wg=shgwC&psc=1&refRID=J0G5QHKDPHM226KFFSE0

and sell at cost

Alternately, you can get the San Pelligrino carbonated juices and market it as a premium product.

Want to go with minute maid bottles from Coke an then see how it goes. I have ordered cans too as back up.

I acquired part of a route where the owner sold out to a well known mega size vending company. They didn't want the slower locations. I got them with product in them. A particular location had three bottles of minute maid oj.

Fast forward 6 months later, a lady asked when I would be putting OJ back in because it's sold out and she drinks it all the time. It had JUST sold out. If course, she tried to convince me that I sell a lot of it because she buys it all.  And no, I won't restock it. I'm going to demand price increases or cancel the account. 

Archived