do mike and ikes jam?

Starcat

1 hour ago, Starcat said:

do mike and ikes vend well or do they jam up due to their odd shape?

They vend well but keep an eye on them with the heat. They clump up in the heat. I have a location with 27 heads and mike and Ike's were the one machine that jammed and went out of order. Looked at the machine and mike and Ike's were clumped  together in the wheel and it was a huge mess. Coin mechanism wouldn't even turn because of that. It was nasty, but I cleaned it out and will have to replace the parts next time around.

They do tend to clump together. If you pour them in a bowl and take a wooden spoon(that had been sprayed with flavorless cooking spray) and stir them around, they won't clump up nearly as much. If they're in a warm place, there is no amount of spray that will help. 

3 hours ago, dkochan said:

M&I sell well for me but, you must vend them in locations that are cool. Otherwise, they will stick together and not vend.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, QuikVend said:

They do tend to clump together. If you pour them in a bowl and take a wooden spoon(that had been sprayed with flavorless cooking spray) and stir them around, they won't clump up nearly as much. If they're in a warm place, there is no amount of spray that will help. 

What do you guys think about hot tamales or good and plenty?

10 hours ago, Starcat said:

do mike and ikes vend well or do they jam up due to their odd shape?

It's been over a year i've been in the pacific northwest, and I've only had one jam up of mike and ike. I cleared it, and did absolutely nothing, and it never has happened again. Can't tell you why it happened, but keep all your candy out of direct sunlight. 

On 6/22/2017 at 8:55 AM, QuikVend said:

Does it work with Hot Tamales too? Also, does it work after they clumped together lightly

13 hours ago, BryanH said:

Does it work with Hot Tamales too? Also, does it work after they clumped together lightly

It works with the hot tamales as well. I'm not sure how well it will work if they've already started sticking together, but probably wiry a shot 

Archived