New- How much do you typically make in a month from a machine?

bb7304

I am just starting to do research to get into this and am interested in snack and beverage machines.  How much money would I typically be able to make from one machine in a month?  I don't know how many I can buy to start out and want to get an idea about it at the beginning.  Any recommendations would be great! 

Well, unfortunately there is no specific answer to that. You could make $20/mo. or you could make $800/mo. It's entirely dependent on the location, both the demographics and foot traffic. Typically, the higher end locations are already being serviced, but there are a few hidden gems out there. 

Location, location, location.  This is retail and it's no different in that respect.  Start with can-only machines until you have an understanding of the business. You need 5 or more snack machines to control your stales.  Blue collar accounts are always better than white collar.  There, now you begin.

How much you make (net profit) also depends on a number of factors that can vary from vendor to vendor.  Gross sales are very dependent on having a good location.  For me, a bare minimum sales volume of $50 per week per machine is a bottom line account - if it does less than that I will be looking to get rid of it.  A better location does $ 75 to $ 100 a week, and a very good location might do $ 200 to $ 250 per machine.  Much above that and you want to consider adding machines to reduce your service cost for the location.   And there are a lot of locations out there that would love to have a vending machine, but would produce almost nothing.  Like the man said, location is everything.

GREAT info from all the others!  I agree with everyone - LOCATION is key!  Be careful when you are actively knocking on doors and seeking accounts.  A couple things to watch out for.  If there's less than 10 cars in the parking lot...probably NOT worth a machine, EVEN if they try to tell you that they have lots of customers that could use the machine.  Also, if the potential customer says "We got rid of the last vendor because he didn't service the machine" or "the last vendor kept putting stale stuff in the machine", chances are that they are NOT a good account.  My experience has been that the last vendor experienced LOW volume and serviced them less and less.  Everyone will tell you that their employees snack a lot and will drink a lot of pop, but be selective.  GOOD LUCK to you!  If you do it right and work hard, this can be a lucrative business.  If you think that you'll get rich quick....you're better off buying a lotto ticket.  :)

Archived