Slave machines and CC readers

Hi all,

As I am starting to buy CC readers I had a thought today, that perhaps I could save some capital by buying a full-service/slave machine combo....

any thoughts on that?

In fact, I'm thinking that slave machines are a good way to go, similar capacity to most full-sizes, they cost less, and you only have to have 1 set of mechs, BV, CC, etc. ?

Also, does anyone know if they make slave snack machines? I've only seen drink machines?.... I have some really nice CB500 Wittern 3500 drink machines that I would LOVE to slap a CC reader on, and  pair with some slave snack machines... 

And behold: yet another thought! I currently have two full-service machines at an account... is there any way that I can make one of the machines a slave? Again, I want to do this so I can only worry about having one CC reader, and only maintaining one set of equip.....?

Slave machines seem complicated... but from what I understand all you need is 1 cord to connect the slave to the master? 

A LOT, I know... But I hope they're not "dumb" questions!... 

Nope. When AP stopped producing their machines the end of slaved snack machines began. USI has slaved soda machines as you know but no one makes a slaved soda machine primarily because a snack machine already does more work electronically than a drink machine does.

I had the same thoughts a long time ago concerning saving cost on card readers/ payment systems, but the manufacturers don't seem to agree.  The argument against slaving larger units I get is redundancy is better, when bill or coin jams occur with one unit the other will still work.  Aside from USI, I think Jofemar makes some satellite models.

I don't think they are the future. They were supposed to be, but in my opinion, they are a different industry just like snack boxes are different from full line vending. If you get the right accounts, you have way more control over things which you seem to like. The upfront costs are high but sales and margins can be high too.

Archived