Are all Coinco Bill Acceptors junk? Is MARS the only way to go??

There is nothing wrong with Coinco units.  There is a lot right with MEI but that doesn't overcome Coinco to the extent that they should be abandoned.  It is really just a personal preference and I suspect that people not liking Coinco is because they don't have local factory repair depots like we do.

The best feature of MEI is the high rate of bill acceptance. So in a filthy environment or one where the customer is likely to use damp bills the MEI is superior.  They are also easier to upgrade currency in IF they are already Flash Port versions.  Older versions can't be upgraded to new currency.  Coinco on the other hand can all be updated to new currency but the cost depends on the model of validator.  Some need software, some need an eprom and some need a new logic board.

1 minute ago, AZVendor said:

The best feature of MEI is the high rate of bill acceptance. So in a filthy environment or one where the customer is likely to use damp bills the MEI is superior.  They are also easier to upgrade currency in IF they are already Flash Port versions.  Older versions can't be upgraded to new currency.  Coinco on the other hand can all be updated to new currency but the cost depends on the model of validator.  Some need software, some need an eprom and some need a new logic board.

I see.

MEI is the only way to go with both validators and mechs. We got rid of all the coinco validators because they are constantly breaking in dirty environments. If you  are in PHX I would go to Vendtronics to get any mei parts. 

I think you saying coincos are junk is very inaccurate. If you have been doing this for any length of time their are bad coinco and bad mei models. MEI is best on market right now but crane will probable srew that up. 

I love Mars stuff but we have Coinco bill acceptors and changers out in the field that perform flawlessly.

It can be argued and I know it is only a 3 tube but I believe the 9302 GX was the best changer ever made.

8 hours ago, tc vending said:

I think you saying coincos are junk is very inaccurate. If you have been doing this for any length of time their are bad coinco and bad mei models. MEI is best on market right now but crane will probable srew that up. 

I agree that Crane will certainly F up the MEI line.  They did that with AP and DN and Conlux so we can expect it as well with MEI.

Archived