Clean these springs?

petersvending

Anyone of know of a good solution to get these springs cleaned and ready for candy use again? Any help much appreciated! FYI this is a candy wherl out of a gumball.com machine. Ill post a pic of the machine as well. I bought it used on this past saturday and we are refurbishing it!fe1b8e2d1b3b77bbdf27b149dbc4d4ec.jpgIMG_2309.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a small cup of water and pour/mix baking soda into it until it becomes thick. Take a cleaning toothbrush and use some elbow grease to scrub that rust off. Works perfectly! If you would rather have the part replaced, feel free to contact me. I have tons of parts that I'm selling at cheap rates cuz I don't need them lol

Get a small cup of water and pour/mix baking soda into it until it becomes thick. Take a cleaning toothbrush and use some elbow grease to scrub that rust off. Works perfectly! If you would rather have the part replaced, feel free to contact me. I have tons of parts that I'm selling at cheap rates cuz I don't need them lol

I will pm you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastest way I found if you don't want to replace them are needle nose pliers and a wire brush wheel on your bench grinder. Make sure you have a good hold on them with the needle nose or they will fly. I have cleaned scores of old brushes up this way and it makes them look good as new. Of course you need to take it apart and do the springs individually but it takes less than 1 minute per spring. You can also clean those screw heads the same way.

Archived