Overwhelmed

TKK

I got the school acts one of our districts. 6year contract after half a year of meetings and presentations. 70 accounts smalles one has 100 employees biggest one 6000 students and 190 faculty.  Been placing the new usi machines and alot came damaged from the back :( they pack em all crazy its hard to unpack em. Got 80 machines new and a few i had as well. School hasnt started and some of the places have been serviced every day!  Got 60 g9s ready to place and free vend coupons. Its awesome going to my old schools i attended and now having machines there. Im glad i didnt get the drink portion, they told me if i wanna do ice cream im in, but i feel bad for the ice cream vendor who has 3 to 4 machines in each high school. Would it be ethical to offer to buy him out since hed be stuck w machines anyways? 

I dont wanna keep seeing machines. Just in the first order to fill them up its going to be 16k, g9s were like 12k, coins another 4k, then bought 2 promasters and a sprinter and went from a 1200sft warehouse to a 2900. Its been crazy. In a good way i guess.

I went through the same thing when I placed 120 machines in 30+ locations in one week.  The easy part was having the machine distributor, Coke and Pepsi deliver all the machines to the locations.  The hard part was getting the product to my warehouse and stocking 120 machines from scratch with a new employee running the old routes.  I had extra help and we used the exact same setup in each machine but all the details of pricing, flavor labels, re-positioning machines, figuring out little issues with each machine, filling coin mechs, etc., made it the hardest week I ever worked.

Congrats on the account!  As for the ice cream question, first you need to think if you want it right now.  You will need a freezer truck for that many machines, plus frozen storage at your warehouse and probably another driver... it's probably better to settle into the snacks at first and get all those bugs worked out.  So I am guessing the current ice cream vendor does not have a contract?  If he has been doing OK why are they willing to toss him overboard so quickly?  But yes, if you took the contract you could offer to buy his assets, he has the option to say no but would probably be glad to not have to pull in all the machines on top of losing the account.   But I would want to understand why the change is being made without a bid or contract...

Congrats on the NEW contract!  As far as the ice cream, if the equipment is in good shape and working, I'd offer to buy it out from him.  But I would let things settle down for you first.  Get acclimated to the new account with your service schedule and then approach the ice cream vendor.  Nice job! :)

Thank you, its been crazy. Im gonna blow up! With 110 to 115 degrees weather its hard to move machines! I can only fit 6 at a time and most schools have regular doors :(

Archived