Crane national problem with multiple vend

alexG

Hello,

I have several crane national 797 combo from 2003.

As of today, one machine started having a problem. Whenever a sale for a selection is made, the right selection is "pushed" but also the 1 selection of the same shelve is pushed.

For example, if someone select B3, B3 will be pushed but also B0. If i pick A5, A5 will be sold as well as A0. C8, it moves C8 and C0 etc. Basically, it sells the right product plus the one of the same column.

Someone told me it could be the controller board issue. I tried another board i had and it gives me the same issue.

Does anybody ever experienced the same issue? Any solution? Right now i just removed all the products from the 1st column so the machine can be used but i am losing 20% of the space!

Please help! :)

Thanks

Check for a grounded 0 or 3 wire.  Narrow it down to one shelf by pulling them all out or disconnecting the harness to each and then testing each shelf individually.  If none do it but one shelf then pull that shelf out of the machine and look for a grounded wire on the 0 or 3 motor or it could be that one of those motors is bad.

The shelf harnesses from that time are common failure items.

Also I often find bad solder connections on the shelf board mounted to the shelf rail.

Swap the shelves around if the problem follows the shelf the problem is likely the shelf harness. If the problem does not move look at the shelf board.

Walta

I think he is having this issue with every shelf, based on the info he gave.  You may want to also look at the keypad also.  Somewhere between the keypad and the harness is where I would check.

Probably a bad rail board. Since this is one of the earliest machines to have a rail board, my money is on the top one because the original mount did not have an insulator. Unplug the rail boards one at a time & test. The long shot bet not mentioned yet is the motor control board, which is the board below the computer board.

hello, Thanks a lot for all your answer,

effectively, i have this issue on the 3 snack shelves and the 2 can canisters. They are all the same with always the 1st column being "pulled" at the same time as the other selected.

I believe this unit has 2 electronic boards. I have tried changing the main control board without success. I will try changing the aux. board to see and let you know. I think it could be coming from the interface PCB more than the tray rail PCB as i am having the exact same problem with every shelve. So anything specific to a shelve could be discarded!?

Is it an issue someone has had?

really appreciate the help guys!

crane electronic.JPG

Have you actually tried the suggestions already given, or just assumed that because it happens on all shelves it must be board level?

I agree with Azvendor that it is probably an earth fault, I'd say it will be on your column 0 wire, which is pin 13 on J60 and pin 9 on the rail boards.

To see if the fault is in the harness or in a particular tray, disconnect all but one of the rail boards (leaves only 1 tray wired in).

Test.

If fault is no longer present fault is in one of the now disconnected tray wiring harnesses.

If fault still exists, first change still wired in shelf with another shelf.

If fault disappears fault is in the just removed shelf wiring.

If Fault is still present, fault is either in rail board or in harness between rail board and interface board.

As an aside I'd guess that actually selecting A0, B0 etc seems to work correctly even if there is a permanent earth on the return cct.

So,

1. If i have only the shelf A connected, i have the same issue. AX being pushed with A0

2. If i have only the Shelf B connected, they all work minus B0 that doesnt work

3. If i have only the shelf C connected, with C7, C8, C9, it sells C1 at the same time, with the other ones, it sells C0 at the same time.

I am a bit lost here.

Changing the cards didnt work either. Falls, you were mentioning maybe the grouding getting into the interface card?

I would be interested to know if someone ever had this issue?

thanks a lot!

When you disconnect the rail boards, are you disconnecting the tray or the controller side of the board?

You need to be disconnecting the rail board from the interface board side (red arrow) otherwise any fault in a board still impacts any other wiring from the interface board

rail board.jpg

Hello everybody,

So i did the trials disconnecting all the rail board and just connecting one at a time. I always get the same problem. No matter which tray bard i connect alone i get the issue.

New Main and interface board don't make any improvement either.

To summarize:

- disconnecting all trays and just having one connected doesn't help

- same with tray boards

- Changing main and aux boards don't make any difference.

Where could it come from? Please Help!!!!!! :)

50 minutes ago, alexG said:

Hello everybody,

So i did the trials disconnecting all the rail board and just connecting one at a time. I always get the same problem. No matter which tray bard i connect alone i get the issue.

New Main and interface board don't make any improvement either.

To summarize:

- disconnecting all trays and just having one connected doesn't help

- same with tray boards

- Changing main and aux boards don't make any difference.

Where could it come from? Please Help!!!!!! :)

Just making sure you disconnected the rail board from the cabinet harness? If so, look for a bare wire where the cabinet harness goes thru into the cabinet. This is the 2 plugs on the right side of the lower board.

You have also disconnected the can unit harnesses? could be a wet/bad motor.

Yes i was disconnecting all the tray boards. So you guys think i have an issue on the cable(s) from the interface board to 1 of the tray board.

I will look into this. 

it is really weird though.

Really appreciate all the answers and the help! :)

• 2 weeks later...

update on my problem:

I disconnected the cables directly from the Interface board.

If i disconnect the J60, I still have the same problem on the can delivery.

If i connect just the J60 and disconnect J56/57/58 (al the ones going to the can dispenser and extra potential gum dispenser) then the 3 shelves A, B and C work properly.

This is only if i connect directly from the interface board, if i disconnect the connector at the bottom of the machine (same cables) the problem reamins.

Makes me think the problem is in the cable of the cans unit between the interface board and the connector. Certainly like you were mentioning, a pinch cable leading to the mass with the selection 0.

• 6 months later...

hello everybody. I finally solved the problem by dismounting everything. It was 2 cables that were making contact with the cooling frame. The diagnostic was right, it was just a question to find where!

thanks all again for your help

Archived