DOLLAR COIN!

petersvending

Everyone knows I am a newbie to this industry. I have found the love of providing a short and temporary joy to a childs face when they put a coin into a machine and out comes a shiny red gumball or candy! Provide the occasional snack to the factory worker etc. I only have 6 locations but growing every week. 

This message is to the BIG BOYS in this forum: You guys with 300+ bulk candy machines: We need to do what the Frank Parisi has suggested. I have read his statements. I have exchanged emails with him and I am convinced in his sincerity to push for the dollar coin and move away from the dollar bill! 

Frank and those like him in this forum: Please battle for us little guys too! I will help! I will call, my wife and father in law will call 5 or more times daily leaving messages for our congressman, senators (FEDERAL AND STATE) to make some noise and push for the dollar coin legislation! All politics aside PLEASE, but if someone knows how to get a real message to Trump himself and get someone to present the idea of moving to dollar coin and how it would economically benefit the USA. 

Again, I am just a newbie but I love this industry I am not involved in. I will do whatever is in my power to help! Won't you? Big guys with the 900 locations, please do battle for the little guys like me so we can have a chance to get that large one day! Won't you help us? 

Couldnt someone who has a large access to printable sticky notes to join this forum, so when you go to collect and someone elses machine is in your vicinity, you could possibly put a note on it, or get their number, call your competitors, get them to join the forums as well? Get them involved? Is there something appropriate to stick on a competitors machine say on the back? I havent done this. Just want to use every avenue to get the word out about DOLLAR COIN! We need to save our industry!

The power today is not in the pen but in the keyboard.  Keep emailing your two Senators and Congress Representative.  If everyone takes just five minutes of their time, with all the members on this forum, we could reach every elected official that we need.

is this in regards to the dollar coin being used in the bulk or the soda machines? I can see it happening, I'm still at $0.75, and a $1 on the drinks, I do not get too many dollar coins, maybe a change machine that would give you the option of putting in a paper dollar and shooting out a coin dollar, but that would just create a headache. dollar coins are already accepted everywhere, so those who have them tend to collect them.

there's not enough difference between the size of the quarter and dollar coin currently.  I have expressed my opinion to my senators and others about size and the use of it,  also backing the loss of the 1.00 bill and penny. 

This will cause more to use the coin and then we can add more options to bulk and so on. 

4" capsules for 2.00 ext.

45mm balls in the next 5-10 years will have little profit without going higher (as an example). 

6 hours ago, Frank said:

The power today is not in the pen but in the keyboard.  Keep emailing your two Senators and Congress Representative.  If everyone takes just five minutes of their time, with all the members on this forum, we could reach every elected official that we need.

Precisely this! A couple phone calls to their offices every now and again never hurt either. ;)

I understand where you are coming from with the dollar coin, but I think you underestimate what it would cost to change the size of the dollar coin. There are currently 6 sizes of US coins. Changing the size of any one would mean 7 sizes. Every coin counter and sorter made for the US market would have to be modified or scrapped for new. Changes to banks and many other industries. I highly doubt that ever happens. Machines will go cashless long before that happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think you underestimate the boost in the economy this will provide! Most machines are made in the USA, am I right? Bulk candy and full line right? If so, you will see a huge boost or rebuying and retooling, excitement in the bulk industry and re-emergence of old money and new money investing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most full line already accommodate the current dollar coin. All bill validators that take the $5 bill give change in dollar coins. The US mint changed the color of the dollar coin to reduce confusion. That is as far as it will go IMHO. The bulk industry is far to small to force that kind of change. Good luck, I wish you well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

“The bulk industry is far too small to force that kind of change” but we as individual citizens of the United States are not!  We have a voice and our voice can be heard.  This Dollar Coin Act will not only benefit the bulk vending industry but so many industries as well. 

The fight has been and will always be the amount of change, we the individual is willing to change.  The fight has been and will always be the mindset of the operator to invest in his or her business.  The most common argument is “should I invest in new coin mechanisms or not”.  I can say from experience that without investment, without profits and without failures and losses, a business and its owner cannot properly grow. 

For many, this is a get rich quick idea…well, that has never worked.  For others, we have invested our lives into this industry.  We live, breathe, eat and then die in this industry.  I, for one have family roots that go back to 1942 and some operators and suppliers go even further back.  Every time an operator purchases a cheap, used machine is the same machine that is one step closer to putting out a manufacturer that others depend upon.  Every time we argue if we should not raise our pricing on capsules is another capsule away from suppliers putting their resources into other ends of the industry.  I am 41 years old, young to some and old to others but I received my first machine the day I was born and began operating fulltime at 18.  I have my life in this industry and I am sad to see what my family and friends that are like family go away.  We once had a strong association; we once had a wonderful, family fun dedicated bulk vending trade show (I went to my first trade show at 7, these were fun!).  We once had a strong voice with elected officials all around the country.  We once had an industry that basically had a machine in almost every single store, office, factory in the country.  What have we become today?

Why can’t we have this again?  We can! We just need leaders and a change of thought.   Most importantly, we do not need to fight each other but rather build each other up.

It is very nice to see other new operators take the lead and voice their thoughts on how to improve our industry.

5 hours ago, Frank said:

“The bulk industry is far too small to force that kind of change” but we as individual citizens of the United States are not!  We have a voice and our voice can be heard.  This Dollar Coin Act will not only benefit the bulk vending industry but so many industries as well. 

YES! We can BE the change! But new operators can not do this on our own. We need the big boys as well as the small fries, like myself, to step in and step up. WE CAN make a difference. I just dont know how or the right buttons to push beyond what has been suggested. I am willing to do whatever it is we have to do to help our industry grow!

The fight has been and will always be the amount of change, we the individual is willing to change.  The fight has been and will always be the mindset of the operator to invest in his or her business.  The most common argument is “should I invest in new coin mechanisms or not”.  I can say from experience that without investment, without profits and without failures and losses, a business and its owner cannot properly grow. 

Very well said sir! I vow not to buy any more cheap used vendstar machines and to eventually phase out what I have placed with new machines as I can afford them! I had to start somewhere! 

For many, this is a get rich quick idea…well, that has never worked.  For others, we have invested our lives into this industry.  We live, breathe, eat and then die in this industry.  I, for one have family roots that go back to 1942 and some operators and suppliers go even further back.  Every time an operator purchases a cheap, used machine is the same machine that is one step closer to putting out a manufacturer that others depend upon.  Every time we argue if we should not raise our pricing on capsules is another capsule away from suppliers putting their resources into other ends of the industry.  I am 41 years old, young to some and old to others but I received my first machine the day I was born and began operating fulltime at 18.  I have my life in this industry and I am sad to see what my family and friends that are like family go away.  We once had a strong association; we once had a wonderful, family fun dedicated bulk vending trade show (I went to my first trade show at 7, these were fun!).  We once had a strong voice with elected officials all around the country.  We once had an industry that basically had a machine in almost every single store, office, factory in the country.  What have we become today?

I see this as residual income, not get rich quick. That is why for me it is a side hustle split between this and rental property I have. However, this industry is WAY more fun! :) What has happened to the trade shows? Do any of them exist any more? Our machines are out there, I see them almost everywhere still! Maybe not in NYC etc, but down here in the south, they are rampant, It is just hard to find parts around here! :) Thank goodness for ebay! I am getting my children involved and I have promised them some machines once they help me get the main ones located and everything is rolling. This business is a perfect module for helping them learn some entrepreneurship! 

Why can’t we have this again?  We can! We just need leaders and a change of thought.   Most importantly, we do not need to fight each other but rather build each other up.

Yes! Why cant we help each other? Does our forum have a trade section? Maybe someone needs 10 NW mechs but this other guy has 5 Beavers and he is willing to put in cash on the deal? Just an example. Where is the comraderie? Can we setup some kind of monthly conference call? Skype? Maybe some people have some ideas for small guys? Maybe some small guys can give an idea that a big boy (500+) locations has not thought of or hasnt thought of since he was small? Would people be interested in this? Maybe someone can give an agenda with some kind of business idea, location secrets? 

It is very nice to see other new operators take the lead and voice their thoughts on how to improve our industry.

YES! Let's do this! 

• 2 weeks later...

I get we all want to make money, but let's be realistic. Most people don't carry dollar coins. The ones that do probably live in Miami, take Metrorail and the bus. That was the only time in my life I had those damn things. The rest of the time, I may or may not have quarters. 

Also, most people are not going to put $1 into a bulk vending machine. If you want to get dollars, go into full-line vending. Bulk vending is for 25 cents, maybe 50 cents in some cases, but a whole dollar? I don't think so. 

Archived