New here, Hi, I have a question

GGCS

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum, as well as relatively new to the whole vending machine thing (got roped into getting one and maintaining it for the work social club).

I'm from Qld Australia, My machine has a global coinco 700 series multi use coin changer (MDB, JSON and "?DEX?") however it recently broke at the bottom (where the screws hold the unit together (item 19 on the last diagram of the manual if anyone wants to know)) . As its held together with tape I think i will need to replace the unit soon.

As the machine I have appears to be single price vend only and uses the JSON plug is there any way to upgrade the machine to a multi price vend? and secondly should I replace the mech with another similar unit or is there a upgrade path that would pay off (in less wasted time) in the long run?

1 hour ago, GGCS said:

As the machine I have appears to be single price vend only and uses the JSON plug is there any way to upgrade the machine to a multi price vend?

The coin mech is already mdb capable, so the machine itself determines if there is anyway for it to be updated to multiprice. Since it is using the single price Jones plug, i'd be relatively confident it is a single price machine. Best to provide the machine type, brand, and model number to get a definitive answer.

1 hour ago, GGCS said:

secondly should I replace the mech with another similar unit

Unless your temporary tape fix fails, it's probably not worthwhile. Finding another coin mech with a Jones plug isn't going to be easy/cheap although ebay has an 800 series listed that seems to be missing it's front cover. Coinco in Sydney can probably repair the existing mech, give them a ring (02) 9756 6628.

1 hour ago, GGCS said:

is there a upgrade path that would pay off (in less wasted time) in the long run?

If it is truly a single price machine, No. If you happen to have a machine with a control board/credit display, possibly.

Depending on where in Qld you are there may be someone local you can get help/parts from

Archived