what is the MOST you will pay for a u turn 4 head?

Starcat

U-Turn machines are notoriously unreliable and difficult to work with in my experience. Fragile plastic coin mechanisms, jam-prone vending wheels, expensive proprietary locks- and to top it all off, you practically have to dismantle the whole machine just to service it! The most valuable part, in my opinion, is the pipe stand they're attached to I'm afraid.

So, to answer your question, the only way I'd buy a U-Turn machine is if it was part of some machine lot I really wanted for other non U-Turn machines, and even then it would be a short trip to the nearest dumpster from there.

ok thats what i wanted to know. thanks. Right now im quite happy with my vendstars

I'm guessing there are quite a few of those in dumpsters too. I'm likely to trash three soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did meet a guy, maybe 20 years ago that had a very big route if uturns in so cal, mostly LA area. In urban locations he said he did okay with them because of space issues at small neighborhood independents. He was doing gum and one inch caps. I don't know if he is still in business. Not many small stores left. And toy cost dictates a 50 cent vend.

i believe that for most people starting out a uturn would be a terrible choice. I think I posted this before: out of every 100 charity stops 80 of them will only support a single head, 15 a double, and if you are lucky 5 will support a triple.

To go a little further: I like industrial locations the best for charity, you often sell six or so different gums and candys. The uturn fails here to because it won't hold enough merchandise.

so, seriously, start with singles, you can always put two or three on a cross bar or in a factory type location a rack with what ever you need. And if you lose a big location you can take the machines off a rack and put them out as singles.

52 minutes ago, vendtex said:

Pieces are missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try parting them out on ebay. I'll probably do that with alot of my spare parts

ok thats what i wanted to know. thanks. Right now im quite happy with my vendstars

I've never worked vendstars so I can't tell weather they are hard to use or not. One thing I can tell you and it was passed onto me by an old man ( I'm fairly old now) you want as much metal surrounding your money as possible.

I had a beaver in a restaurant, not many beavers come up for sale around here. Well the restaurant closed I finally got in touch with the owner of the building and he said he would go check on my my machine. It was still there , yeah. I went to pick it up almost empty ?. Put it in the van got home with it and someone had taken a hammer and knocked a hole in the back, no money [emoji21] Keep plastic around your money if you want but I wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

So for those who are against UTurns, what are you going with now? As long as I clear the jams & vend the right product, I don't have too many major issues with it. 

As a side note, if you're in Arizona & you're ready to trash your UTurn(s) or they're collecting dust, contact me. :)  I'll also consider other decent 3 & 4 head bulk machines. 

• 2 months later...

Vendstars aren't hard to service, they're actually quite easy. The problem with them is, they're all plastic, and EVERY single one I had was broken within the first couple of weeks. Jammed, broken into (and I mean legit broken into, as in busted to pieces) or just plain broken from not being able to handle high usage. I bought them when they were selling 2 of them on ebay for $100, and every one of them that I bought, are now gone. Thank goodness. They cost me more money in upkeep than they made, just SO not worth it. I'd rather one cheap candymachines.com machine than 1 free location full of vendstar machines. Just saying.

As far as uturn, do yourself a favor, stay away from PLASTIC. IF you must have a carousel type, I have a few vendesigns, and honestly I love them. A lot of people don't, but they serve me well. Aside from the canister, and coin chutes, they're metal. I've never had a jam, never had an misvend, never had any issues. Just my 2 cents tho.

• 1 month later...

Archived