Avanti Hack

Did any of you guys see this? Avanti's micro markets were hacked last week, and the hackers stole both credit card and biometric data from end-consumers. I worry about what negative impact this will have on micro markets as a whole. Will customers be more reluctant to use micro markets in the feature? And will they be more reluctant to use their fingerprint when purchasing items? 

I don't know if any of you have micro markets or are looking to get into the business, but it will be interesting to see how big the impact of the breach is. Does this news affect your desire to place more micro market locations?

Also, it would be nice to have a micro market section on the forum like we have for food & beverage, bulk vending, OCS, etc.

Considering that so many people have been affected by security breaches through major retail outlets (Target, Home Depot, etc...), and considering so many people continue to use their cards, I don't think it will have lasting effects.  Yes, people are afraid of vending machines and using card readers in relation with them but I think Micro Markets give off more of the feel of a convenience store than vending machines... so I think people will continue to use their cards.  It's hard to deny that cashless is the way of the future.  So... I can imagine it would have a short-term effect but not long-term.

18 hours ago, delb101 said:

This does concern me especially since I am having crazy things happen with my kiosk by another provider.

Yes we need a Micro Market forum on here for sure.

What provider do you currently use? And what crazy things are happening with your kiosk? I've been looking at different kiosks in the industry trying to find the best one.

Archived