Newbie Info

BillyRazzle

Hey guys, I'm just trying to get started in vending. I've got my first location scouted and I was thinking about doing a double head with 1" gum balls and 2" bouncy balls. 

I was wondering what y'all thought about that mix and also what the usual commission is on toys. Would you do the balls at 50 cents? What is the normal markup on balls?

Thanks for any info!

I would stick to one inch bouncy balls to go with the gumballs. A one inch and two inch machine on the sand pipe stand isgoing to be unstable and bound to be knocked over. 

The one inch balls still have a very good margin at 25 cents (cost around 3.5 cents each), not to mention you'll probably sell more of those than you would the two inch(less quarters needed=more sales).

As far as commission, I'd start at 20% and see what they say. You can always go higher, but you can't negotiate down.

21 hours ago, BillyRazzle said:

Hey guys, I'm just trying to get started in vending. I've got my first location scouted and I was thinking about doing a double head with 1" gum balls and 2" bouncy balls. 

I was wondering what y'all thought about that mix and also what the usual commission is on toys. Would you do the balls at 50 cents? What is the normal markup on balls?

Thanks for any info!

I run a bunch of 1" gumballs and 2" bouncy ball setups.   This is my favorite setup. I do the bouncy ball @ 1.00.   Stability is just fine.  I like it because of not having to rotate product.  Just collect and fill. Quick servicing.  

35 minutes ago, BillyRazzle said:

What about the commission? It's typically 30% for gum balls right?

I usually dont pay a set percentage.  Its probably around 20% of gross or so.  I only figure on the bouncy balls. Whatever is easy to figure.  A lot of mine are no commission at all.  

Archived