Rainbow Crane Error 10

Victorv1

I have a rainbow crane machine model NC30. I had it for about 5 years now and no problems until now. Machine turns on with an error code 10, which  is a claw up jam. I have no experience with claw machines so I have no idea where to start or what to look for. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

could be a bad upper limit switch or a gear is striped. I also have had the set screws come loose on the drive pulley  (the one that winds the string) is the claw up or down? the machine will go through its boot routine when turned on, does yours? or does it show error as soon as powered up?

The claw is up, it doesn't go down by its own but using the brake release on the motor you can manually pull it down and when it reboots the machine does its routine, pulls the claw back up and gives the error code 10. 

when the claw reaches the top (during boot sequence) does the claw motor shut off or keep trying to raise the claw? if the motor keeps running does it stop at the same time you get the error? or do you get the error as soon as the claw reaches top?

Archived