Is anyone doing Vending Gone Wild? by Bill Way?

vendingfora cause

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

vending gone wild , healthy smart mart and Bill Way are a total scam. 

This is why :

1. They claim to make no money at first and they want to charge $5000 per market upfront, for roughly a $1200 cooler, a $150 rack and a $600 phone app system .Lie #1, a $3000 lie.

2.They want to ship you all your units (4 or 8) upfront, WITHOUT having your locations secured!! (lie#2 : you would save money on the shipping..good one)

3. They claim that you dont need a business license to operate a vending business!! (Lie #3 , big one)

4. An phone appointment with Bill Way consists of him running his mouth on how trustworthy he is, and that his number one goal is to help the customers (you) and when you ask questions, he s super annoyed and divert to other subjects!!

5. Great example of a question that made him super annoyed : How do you make your money ( if not on selling me machines)

Answer : on the back end, I get 1/2 % of the credit card, but you dont feel it because I have secured a better rate for my customers.

Really, so Thats all you're getting, 1/2 %?

Yes

How many locations you have? 600

What is the monly average revenue per location? $1700

ok, 600 times 1700 is 1,020,000$ great. half a percent of that is....$5100...a month..Thats all that you are getting?

grrr..(annoyed) no, we are also going to get a revenue on digital screens and advertisements etc,, (mind you there are No digital screens on the cooler..lol.. they're gonna do it..lol

But you have been doing this particular program what..a year? how do you support the company at that rate??

Grrr hes pissed.. Well I have worked 48 years, I have my own money...

You mean to tell me that with your 600 operators making a million a month you're only getting..5 grands!! that makes no sense!! You might as well have you own route and make 20k a month with 16 machines..(per his calculations..without a business license!!)

grrrr hes fuming...Well we are going to have 10 000 operators in one year, so thats when we are going to make the money.. ( lie #4, that chat started in 2017, he still only has 600 operators now in 2021 -probably a lie- what makes him think he will acquire 10 000 in a year???

Also, 10 000 times $1700 is 17 millions. Even with that Ginormous gross, he would only make 85k a month!! Thats a lot of money to leave on the table!! Or he's a COMPLETE LIAR, and hes got an ulterior motive, like SCAMMING PEOPLE of 3000$ a market by giving them a $2000 value for $5000..

In that case, every 10 markets hes making $30 000...which is a lot more money than is 1/2 percent/...

I still dont understand this guys game...either hes really bad at math or hes really short in cash, but this whole thing makes no sense.

Also, lie #157..he s the leader in the 50 to 300 employee niche.

Wrong!! search the net, there are at least 20 companies that sell micro market concept, a fair one for example gives you 17 feet of display and 2 coolers for 5 grands!! And their "mini" , the size of Bill Way, only cost $2000!!

Yeah baby..BUSTED!!

Also, and most importantly, Bill Way has a book coming out, and literally said, in his self service diatribe, that its going to be a hit, and that it is already written,,,,by a ghost writer!!! Waow!!

Hes releasing a book written by someone else!! How low do you stoop???

So for whoever is thinking of working with anything Bill Way, do your homework and ask questions!! (he hates it!!

Good Day!!!

PS : as an added bonus : there is a company called Healthy you vending, they sell a smart mart, Bill stole their name!! Hahahaah

When asked , he said he knew them very well..(They ve been in business 20 years with that name!!LMAO!!)

You 're welcome.

• 2 years later...

Wanting to share my recent experience about Healthy Smart mart.

Let me start out by saying the company isn't a scam but they also don't do you any favors. First off, once they get your money the friendliness and communication disappears. They don't respond to anything; emails, phone calls, text messages. I had plenty of questions to ask and couldn't find anyone to answer them. If you do get a response they shuffle you to someone else you can't get ahold of. The training is very mediocre, 6 emails (if you are lucky to get them all) are very brief and filled with common sense stuff. They were suppose to send art and signage and I never got any of that. I finally gave up on asking them for anything and designed my own.

Overall this company just sells you overpriced equipment. The coolers are really small and can't hold drinks upright, so you have to buy drink holders. And the coolers are a weird size so you have to engineer ways to get your drink holders to fit. They also don't auto close so when I go to service the market the door is always cracked open. I eventually bought alarms for the doors. The Clear Token point-of-sales system has to be the absolute worst part. Customers have to download a cheap app, jump through hoops to add money to the app, then they have to mentally add up the cost of the products they want to buy, then finally convert that to tokens before buying. Pain in the butt, also no inventory management and the fees are wonky (customers also get fined on money they have in the app if they don't spend it all in a month). They try to push this inefficient system on you and they get super defensive if you try to ask anything about it. My guess is they get a kickback for you using it. Clear Token was not made for micro-markets, it was made for using laundry machines. Better off getting a clover mini kiosk that has touch screen, pics and inventory management. I can be at home and watch what people buy. Every week I print a sales report that shows me everything I sold that week. It makes it super easy for restocking. Clear Token does not do this. You have to go to your location, see what sold then run to the store and get stock. A guy told me it takes him 8-10 hours to restock his 5 locations with Clear Token. That is ridiculous! I can do that in a matter of 2-3 hours! Most of the time is just spent driving! Also Clear Token pays you once a month, clover pays you daily. I highly recommend using a different POS system. Lease if you can so you can always stay current on tech and they replace if damaged.

Overall I don't recommend this company. They fudge numbers and sweet talk you into buying. Yeah you can make it work with what they give you but it is very inefficient. They offer little to no help in setting up. As I've said before all they really do is sell you overpriced equipment.

I recommend:

1.) Getting a brochure/propaganda/gift boxes together and work on a pitch.

2.) Search google maps (or other business locating resources) for business and get a list of about 150 solid leads if you can (try and go for businesses with 50 or more employees).

3.) Hire a marketing pro like Joseph Degesualdo from Innovative Vending Concepts and Design. He will take you business to business and pitch your idea, he will show you all the right things to say and do. You will pitch about 30-40 business a day. By the end of it you will know what you need to do (or go solo if you're confident).

4.) Only buy equipment when you secure accounts! I had fridges collecting dust in the basement when I bought from Healthy Smart Mart. Getting accounts isn't as easy as they make it seem. They buffer and pad numbers to make you buy. When you secure an account just tell them it will be 1-2 weeks to get their equipment in. If u can, buy 1 full fridge for drinks, 1 wire rack with 8 shelves for dry goods , 1 slim fridge for food/more drinks, 1 slim freezer for frozen food per acc. If on a budget leave off the slim freezer at first but then work your way to getting it. It really lets you offer food products with a huge shelf life. With this setup, and some tweaking, you only have to service it once a week. If you have a local restaurant supply store you can save on having this stuff shipped.

With all that being said I've just given you way more than what Healthy Smart Mart ever will. I do want to leave on a good note though. The micro-market business does work. The numbers are solid, you can make money doing it. The hardest part is securing accounts. After that servicing the market is easy. It does take a bit of tweaking and you have to watch your expiration dates but that's as hard as it gets. I get to draw comics all week and usually restock markets on Mondays. Shopping for new products is fun too. It's very chill.

I don't mind answering questions on micro-markets or sharing resources if you are interested in starting one yourself.

Edited by Pylon
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 9:53 PM, Pylon said:

Wanting to share my recent experience about Healthy Smart mart.

Let me start out by saying the company isn't a scam but they also don't do you any favors. First off, once they get your money the friendliness and communication disappears. They don't respond to anything; emails, phone calls, text messages. I had plenty of questions to ask and couldn't find anyone to answer them. If you do get a response they shuffle you to someone else you can't get ahold of. The training is very mediocre, 6 emails (if you are lucky to get them all) are very brief and filled with common sense stuff. They were suppose to send art and signage and I never got any of that. I finally gave up on asking them for anything and designed my own.

Overall this company just sells you overpriced equipment. The coolers are really small and can't hold drinks upright, so you have to buy drink holders. And the coolers are a weird size so you have to engineer ways to get your drink holders to fit. They also don't auto close so when I go to service the market the door is always cracked open. I eventually bought alarms for the doors. The Clear Token point-of-sales system has to be the absolute worst part. Customers have to download a cheap app, jump through hoops to add money to the app, then they have to mentally add up the cost of the products they want to buy, then finally convert that to tokens before buying. Pain in the butt, also no inventory management and the fees are wonky (customers also get fined on money they have in the app if they don't spend it all in a month). They try to push this inefficient system on you and they get super defensive if you try to ask anything about it. My guess is they get a kickback for you using it. Clear Token was not made for micro-markets, it was made for using laundry machines. Better off getting a clover mini kiosk that has touch screen, pics and inventory management. I can be at home and watch what people buy. Every week I print a sales report that shows me everything I sold that week. It makes it super easy for restocking. Clear Token does not do this. You have to go to your location, see what sold then run to the store and get stock. A guy told me it takes him 8-10 hours to restock his 5 locations with Clear Token. That is ridiculous! I can do that in a matter of 2-3 hours! Most of the time is just spent driving! Also Clear Token pays you once a month, clover pays you daily. I highly recommend using a different POS system. Lease if you can so you can always stay current on tech and they replace if damaged.

Overall I don't recommend this company. They fudge numbers and sweet talk you into buying. Yeah you can make it work with what they give you but it is very inefficient. They offer little to no help in setting up. As I've said before all they really do is sell you overpriced equipment.

I recommend:

1.) Getting a brochure/propaganda/gift boxes together and work on a pitch.

2.) Search google maps (or other business locating resources) for business and get a list of about 150 solid leads if you can (try and go for businesses with 50 or more employees).

3.) Hire a marketing pro like Joseph Degesualdo from Innovative Vending Concepts and Design. He will take you business to business and pitch your idea, he will show you all the right things to say and do. You will pitch about 30-40 business a day. By the end of it you will know what you need to do (or go solo if you're confident).

4.) Only buy equipment when you secure accounts! I had fridges collecting dust in the basement when I bought from Healthy Smart Mart. Getting accounts isn't as easy as they make it seem. They buffer and pad numbers to make you buy. When you secure an account just tell them it will be 1-2 weeks to get their equipment in. If u can, buy 1 full fridge for drinks, 1 wire rack with 8 shelves for dry goods , 1 slim fridge for food/more drinks, 1 slim freezer for frozen food per acc. If on a budget leave off the slim freezer at first but then work your way to getting it. It really lets you offer food products with a huge shelf life. With this setup, and some tweaking, you only have to service it once a week. If you have a local restaurant supply store you can save on having this stuff shipped.

With all that being said I've just given you way more than what Healthy Smart Mart ever will. I do want to leave on a good note though. The micro-market business does work. The numbers are solid, you can make money doing it. The hardest part is securing accounts. After that servicing the market is easy. It does take a bit of tweaking and you have to watch your expiration dates but that's as hard as it gets. I get to draw comics all week and usually restock markets on Mondays. Shopping for new products is fun too. It's very chill.

I don't mind answering questions on micro-markets or sharing resources if you are interested in starting one yourself.

Thank you for these details! Id love to connect with you if you are available to chat.  I have been engaging with healthy smart mart and came on here to hear this exact feedback. now that i know better, i am back to square one and trying to figure out next steps. please let me know if you are comfortable chatting more. i just messaged you

Edited by MMNoob
trying not to sound like spam :)