Problem accepting dollars

I have a drink vending machine that when you put a dollar in you hear a little click and nothing happens. It won't vend anything and it wont give you your change. I've replaced the bill validator, the coin mech, and the adapter for the coin mech and bill validator. Idk what else to do. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you have an old single price can Machine and that you need a credit relay. Looks like an ice cube that plugs in usually clear or black plastic.

Nope.  Rarely a  credit relay problem.  First unplug the machine (there is 110v on every wire)  and look at the selection switches to make sure that there are no loose wires by any switch.  Then look at the wire side of the connector the coin mech plugs into and push each wire up into the socket in case one has come out.  Then look at all your vend motors.  You're looking for one motor timing cam that has both motor switch arms in one notch or both on the high side of the cam.  Both in a notch is probably a bad motor brake.  Both on the high side is a jammed column.

Tell us the model number of your machine found on the serial number plate on the left side of the outside door.

Change laying on top of the coin mech is a coin chute alignment issue or a broken coin chute.  The issue with dollar bills sounds like the coin mech isn't handling the credit properly.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need an exchange coin mech or coin chute.

Archived