Finally Making New Vending Machine App

Starcat

OK, i am going to make a new vending machine app for android and IOS,  none of that month to month payment bs, i want this thing jam packed of features for every situation,

Overhead cost

Location tracking, reminding / alerts, graphs and charts showing data based on candy sales, whats selling, whats not, When to pull a machine according to your own criteria, notes,  route planning,  adding locations, types of machines etc.. 

anything you can think of that you'd like to see let me know.

I MIGHT add some kind of way to let people know if you have machines to sell in the data base, so people can look for machines directly with the app from other users in the area etc.

I have token machines and very often there is something wrong such as a bill getting stuck it will register bill overpay or it will say jammed.   Sometimes the plug is not in the outlet. Nobody contacts me when it is broken. I  would love for there to be a app that would tell me that it is out of service. Preety much you reset the machine and it instantly works. I  would just service the machine asap and not lose money for both myself , the mall and the customer as well would be happy. win win win for all of us 

On 7/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, rebelwithoutaclue said:

I have token machines and very often there is something wrong such as a bill getting stuck it will register bill overpay or it will say jammed.   Sometimes the plug is not in the outlet. Nobody contacts me when it is broken. I  would love for there to be a app that would tell me that it is out of service. Preety much you reset the machine and it instantly works. I  would just service the machine asap and not lose money for both myself , the mall and the customer as well would be happy. win win win for all of us 

thats not something an app can do unless your machine is wired to the internet / wifi

20 hours ago, Boris said:

Forecast / goal setting.

Goal $1000/month - Have X machines doings $X average per month - How many do I need to add per month to hit goal in a year.

Something like that.

Yep, already planned.  

On 7/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, rebelwithoutaclue said:

If you connect a cc reader to it they have some of those abilities. 

Once a route grows, a lot of things become less important and you focus on key things.  Money out mostly,  cycle times, product in them and that's about it.  Bulk isn't for a microscope or tracking to tightly.  After awhile and a Pierson starts tracking their time,  time becomes more important and a person will have an idea what still be in there when they service. 

Bulk doesn't have much head room for to much extra effort. 

I agree also. I created spreadsheets for mine with basic info and tracking. I was micro managing my locations, tracking individual heads etc., and I was originally tracking them on paper. Didn't take long to give that up lol. Time is too valuable to spend over-analyzing. 

Bulk vending is like piggy banks that everyone else adds to for us.  All we do is collect their money.  

It's a business,  every minute we spend I  it costs more money.  

Archived