Brand New TPico, How Much?

thenwho

Hi Tcoop,

I really appreciate your advise :). I do not have much choice though, I cant get hold on used branded equipment here.

If you have used this before, I will really be thankful if you can explain just a little the main reasons to run. Maybe since I have not much choice, I will opt to buy them but to prepare some counter measures in advance from your next advise.

Are they too expensive? and with the money we should buy other brand? Can you tell me how much it is brand new when you bought it? This one, I can get a reasonable price due to georgraphical proximity with their factory.

Is the machine break down often, and we can not get the desired ROI because even though they are cheaper (I am assuming), they do not work as planned? This one, I will have to discuss more in detail with the factory for serious warranty and backup program.

Is it the machine break and very difficult to find the service parts? This one again, I will stock the parts in advance from the money I save buying their machines at affordable price.

Is it their machine do not vend properly? This one I give up. I think the customer should be given top priority. If this one does not work, then I will really run :).

Is it their machine sold for very cheap when you want to dispose of them and have very low second hand value? Well, this one since my market area is quite new to vending, I am confident it will be fine. Especially if I have enough parts in advance to cover for the refurbishing needs.

If you can help me with a little info on the above, really will be very appreciated :) I need them.

Or you can help me by comparing between tpico and xyz. Since there are a lot of reviews on xyz, etc, I can easily make some assumptions based on your help to compare the two.

Sorry for the long message :) But I need to do this.

Cheers

Ok,

I will try and answer all your questions. If I missed one just simple ask again. First, I bought 10 T-Pico machines off ebay NIB(New In Box). These machines also go by other brand names such as, Vendworx, SSF(Silent Sales Force), Rhino, and Liberty. They are usually plastic green, red, or black, bodies with gold or chrome colored trim and come with a wooden stand. These were my first purchase as a new vendor with no money or experience. At first I liked the little machines. I had one double at a doctor's office for a year without problems, but that soon changed. First the coin mechs started to go, the coins would get stuck often, also I noticed in one location that if you continue to twist the handle it would vend for free. I lost alot of money before I discovered that little trick. I also do not like any round globe machines because one could easily be twisted off with a little muscle. Due to the fact that these machines have plastic bodies, the hopper and the plastic body shifts out of place. Although, a customer should never lean on your machine they do and they will(this happened in a bar location). They are light weight and easily stolen (I had a restaurant location once that had to keep an eye on my machine because customers would jokingly lift up the machine and run to the door). The wooden stands are not sturdy they do tip with very little effort on the part of the customer(this happened once in a doctor's office when a child tried to get all their candy). I was not there to witness this for myself but I was told to come pick up my machine. The hold down rings and rods in the machine makes it difficult to switch out product quickly and it makes it difficult to adjust the candy wheel in a busy location. Also, the rods rust when you vend nuts. Price: I paid roughly $40 per head. Please keep in mind I bought these machines off ebay not directly from the manufacturer. Replacement parts can be found here for cheap: www.gumballmachinefactory.com. GMF call their machines Rhino machines, but these parts are compatible with T-Pico brand machines. The reason I said run was because even if you do not have alot of start up money you could still do soooo much better with a better quality machine from www.aaglobalind.com and oakmfg.com. I cannot comment on xyzvending because I have never purchased a machine from this company. I hope this helped. Oh yeah, they all quarantee lifetime support because they often do not stay in business long enough to make good on their promises. Vendworx, SSF, Liberty and T-Pico all have one thing in common the manufactuers all went out of business for shady business practices. I cannot prove this maybe someone else will comment, but I think these are all the same machines from the same company but the name change makes one think they are dealing with new people. Again I hope I helped. If you decide to buy the machines anyway have plenty of extra parts.

TCoop

Polecat,

You are correct. I did a google search and found that the company does indeed exist. I did mention previously that I bought my machines off ebay.

FYI: I replaced most of my machines with NW Super 60's, and Oaks. I intend to buy more Oaks because the price was resonable and the machine is of better quality than the T-Pico's I purchased. I also still have one AAPO89 from AAglobal that was resonably priced and in my opinion a better quality machine than T-Pico.

TCoop

Hi Tcoop,

Really appreciate your sharing of information. That is very helpful for me.

I will check on this forum on reviews regarding those other names that Tpico uses.

I am a little confuse though because I read somewhere in the forum that Rhino and XYZ is very similar (Maybe the same) and from China. It seems that Tpico external design is so similar to the Rhino as you said. The three vertical stripes above the coin mech.

Brand New Tpico here in my area cost 50% than brand new oak and only cost 30% than brand new beaver :).

I am thinking to get 100 to 200 initial order from them. So I am seriously checking in this forum on information.

The candy locally here is also only selling at 10 cents. Though the gumball is only cost 3 cents.

I am not sure on whether I should invest on the reliable but more costly equipment.

Vending machine is not common here though, so I will not have much competition with other vendos.

Any info will be most appreciated guys.

I would not buy the Tpico. Paying 30% more for a beaver, while very expensive, is still a better choice than the Tpico. The best option is finding a way outside of the box to get your business started. Perhaps if we could figure out what makes the machines so hard to acquire there, we could get a work around that makes it more reasonable. Do not buy crap machines new.

Hi Lurtsman,

Thank you for the input. I will seriously considering that.

I am still wondering between Tpico and the XYZ (Rhino, LYPC, etc) comparison.

Any additional info on them will be very helpful to me. I will be in the ordering stage in 1 month after each of the manufacturer finish researching on my currency coin mechanism.