Just starting out

car

The most important thing to remember is to not overwhelm yourself. Only get as many machines that you feel comfortable locating, servicing and paying for. For most new operators that number is usually ONE.

Here is a great poll to gain insight from==>

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/forum16/178.html

Steve

Probably the biggest mistake anyone can make is to get too big too quick, before you actually understand the logistics of handling this sort of business.  I'm not an expert by no means, as I'm a newbie as well, but that's the beauty of vending.  You can start as small as 1 machine, and begin to understand ( in small quantities) what it will take to have more machines.  I'm a firm believer that the best thing to do is to buy 1 or 2 machines, and test them out, reinvesting all the earned money back in the business to buy more machines.......It may take some time, but if your goal is to be full time someday, you should be able to reinvest all your money and make a full time business in 3-4 years.

Just depending on your goals, you can make vending as easy as you want, or as fast paced as you want......It's truly your decision.

well i can tell you from recent experience that i just jumped from 50 machines to 400 machines. I am still in the process of placing most of them but it is a much bigger logistical issue than just managing 50. i have them all over the state of missouri and some in northern arkansas. The thing is when you go bigger you have to be more efficent in your route managing. Gas will eat you alive. Candy will go stale, machines will break, people will be calling you all the time asking you to come fix a machine that jammed, or ants or anything and you have to be prepared to fix those problems.

Biggest thing though is route servicing effiency. When you go bigger you have to have your route down to a science to help you bring down you overall operating costs and with that I mean GAS. Gas is a killer so the better you have your route down and working properly the better off your gonna be.

The thing with bulk vending is its a numbers game. The more machines you have the more money you make. Simple economics. Your not gonna make much money with 3 or 4 machines when you factor in cost of gas and product. You may just break even or even lose money. But if you have 500 machines foing 20.00 a month thats 10k. Now your making money. I realize not everybody can have 500 machines. My point is bulk vending is a numbers game. Plain simple. the more machines you have the more money you make.

• 8 years later...
well i can tell you from recent experience that i just jumped from 50 machines to 400 machines. I am still in the process of placing most of them but it is a much bigger logistical issue than just managing 50. i have them all over the state of missouri and some in northern arkansas. The thing is when you go bigger you have to be more efficent in your route managing. Gas will eat you alive. Candy will go stale, machines will break, people will be calling you all the time asking you to come fix a machine that jammed, or ants or anything and you have to be prepared to fix those problems.

Biggest thing though is route servicing effiency. When you go bigger you have to have your route down to a science to help you bring down you overall operating costs and with that I mean GAS. Gas is a killer so the better you have your route down and working properly the better off your gonna be.

The thing with bulk vending is its a numbers game. The more machines you have the more money you make. Simple economics. Your not gonna make much money with 3 or 4 machines when you factor in cost of gas and product. You may just break even or even lose money. But if you have 500 machines foing 20.00 a month thats 10k. Now your making money. I realize not everybody can have 500 machines. My point is bulk vending is a numbers game. Plain simple. the more machines you have the more money you make.

This is beautiful! My thoughts exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk