1800 Machines

davidsurvz

I figured I may as well go ahead and start a thread for the 1800's. I have been very impressed with the look and functionality of the machines. I like the ease of servicing when swapping canisters. (Technically I haven't done this on location but I have done it to set up and experiment with our machines and as we prep them to get them ready for my wifes events.) I have plenty of good things to say about these machines as most of you know. The three things I don't like: (so far) 1. Not made in USA 2. the three compartment coin tray is all one piece not three separate trays. (for easier separation of coins to track product sales in each head / canister.) 3. The cost of a smaller block of machines direct from 1800 vending. (TOO EXPENSIVE!) Also, unless you buy machines directly from 1800 you can't just order accessories or replacement parts from them unless you transfer warranty from an original owner. (If you buy machines from a private party.) I think the machines are an excellent choice if you are using triples in your fleet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the looks of the 1800's, and was really wanting them until the salesmen said that I had to buy a lot of them at one time.....Of course, he said the cost also was getting a locator on site and finding the machines a suitable home that would all but guarantee an income.....But in any case, the cheapest package I was offered was right under $8000.  It would take alot of candy to make that much.....SO I decided to do the math.......I could buy 20 ( I didn't buy that many, but for illustration purposes) Super Pro's for under $3000.  If I had all placed by a locator, that would cost $1000.  For a grand total of $4000- 50% less than the 1800 machine......

I like the interchangable canisters and the look of the machines, but I don't like them $4000 more I assure you.  It would take twice as long to pay for the equipment, and in the end, I highly doubt the 1800 is far superior in quality than many other machines within it's market.  I could have bought 40 SuperPro's and had them placed for the same cost as 20 1-800's.  Likewise, I could have went with xyz, and purchased 50 machines, and had them all placed for the cost of 20 1-800's.

In the end, a triplevend will still generate close to the same amount of money each month, regardless of brand, and I would be able to pay for the machines a year earlier ( if totally reinvested profits) going with something other than 1-800's.

To each their own, I guess, I have been known for being too conservative with money, but I don't believe the biz op is worth the risk, when there are so many other quality machines out there.

I agree 100% about the biz-op. I always recommend buying from people trying to sell off unused machines usually you can find a good deal on brand new machines from someone who bought the biz-op and just isn't making money on the machines so they sell them hoping to recoup some of their investment.

1800's are definitely quality machines.

• 2 weeks later...

I have and I think the machines are great. I think that everything they say about the construction of these machines is true. I don't want plastic machines or ones that are painted or ones that are difficult to service. They couldn't be easier. They work all the time, no jam up's every!

I bought 50 to start and will buy more as needed. I was not forced to buy more than I wanted. The more you buy the better the price per unit. That makes sense. Yes, I paid more for them than the plastic or painted ones but you get what you pay for.

The only thing that you could be fooled by is their volume calulator. If you just take the number of machines you are buying and think that they will sell $300 in one month you are mistaking. Bring that number down to a realistic number and you will be fine.

If you have never been in this sort of business before and are a total newbie to the snack vending and sales business I can see you feeling like they are pushing you to get started and buy many units. I suggest you continue to read the forums and get educated before you buy any brand of machines.

This is suppose to be a fun business and it is if that's what you make it!

Gary

http://www.westcoast-vend.com

1800 Machine Review:

Positives:

Strong metal coin mech.

None jam-up coin slots

3 canister system-3 heads

Clear canisters can be removed for easy fill-ups.

Product is visible from every direction.

Comes with 2 candy and 1 capsule wheel

Wheels adjust very easily with 3 screws.

Easy to clean.

Easy to service-just left off canister and fill.

Strong locks on fill cover & coin cover.

About 28 lbs. empty-not lightweight like plastic units

Comes with sun-guard for direct sun locations

Overall clean good looking machine

Negitives:

Priced higher than most @ $279 plus shipping.

Will I buy them again?   YES

Gary

http://www.westcoast-vend.com

I have one more thing to add about the 1800 machines. I dropped off 2 this weekend and both locations said they liked the look of the machine. The second location I dropped off at said "wow that really conserves on space." Not only do I like the look of the machines but so do the locations.:)

David

• 3 months later...

I have 20 1800's and like them.  They are durable and seem to operate without problems.  The big issue is that I bought them directly from 1800.  I negoated them to $263.00, plus a locator.  This means to me (now that I have been on the boards) that it will be a long time to pay for the machines before is see a profit.  The best way to go is used equipment.

Another note, I have a few used Vendstar machines I bought at a much lower price.  They vend for the same quarter that the 800's do...:)

i recieved the 1800 machines i won on ebay(4).I was wondering can any1 tell me how to align the candy wheel so it`ll dispense properly and not give free candy when they turn the mech without putting a quarter in?thanks guys!!

When you look at the candy wheel under the canister you have to make sure it is lined up to the part of the wheel that doesn't have candy in it. Leave it so that the candy will drop uot only after the quarter is in the mech allowing it to turn. I don't know if my wording makes sense. (Sorry I've got the flu bug that's going around and I'm a little out of it) Does the way I'm describing it make sense??

Let me know and I can elaborate more if you need me to.:)

David

P.S. How do you like the machines??

I love mine...:)

I think I understand what you are saying and I corrected the problem.the machines are great!!I love them.they are good looking,sturdy,and seem heavy enough they wont disapear really easy..thanks for the info.I wish they had numbered settings so you could tell me at what setting to put them for what candy!!did anyone buy a new machine from them from here?I think I may need a candy wheel and as far as I know they wont sell parts unless you have bought from them is that true?

the coin tray in my machines are seperated,its all one piece but 3 compartments so I know who bought what,yours arent that way??

Antonio,

I have new 1800's. If you need anything, I can get it for you. I have an account with them. If you need candy wheels, I may have what you are looking for. I will give you a good price since you are a member of VENDiscuss.com.

Just let me know what you are looking for.

Gary

Antonio,

I have new 1800's. If you need anything, I can get it for you. I have an account with them. If you need candy wheels, I may have what you are looking for. I will give you a good price since you are a member of VENDiscuss.com.

Just let me know what you are looking for.

Gary

AS FAR AS i CAN TEll I need a candy wheel and maybe a spill tray.how much for each of these items do you know?one of my machines came with 2 gum wheels and I dont need both.

Line it up so that you can stick your finger in from the bottom deeper that when it is not lined up.  In other words, you should be able to put your finger deeper or all the way in  when it is lined up properly.  When it is not, there is not enough depth.  I hope that is clear to you.

If not sure, spin the wheel around to be sure that it is working properly.

This should help about the allignment...right off the 1800 web site.

Adjusting the Candy Wheel

1.800.VENDING 3 HEAD MACHINES are designed to vend bulk candy or 1" gumballs or toys. These instructions are for the adjustment of the candy wheel. The candy wheel is used to vend common varieties of bulk candies such as M&M's, SKITTLES, MIKE & IKES, HOT TAMALES, RUNTS and REESES PIECES just to name a few.

Verify that the clear head has a candy wheel (you should see 8 vertical spring "fingers") If you see 2 horizontal springs the head has a gumball wheel.

Step 1: Unlock the lid lock and remove the lid. Remove the clear head and place it on the table. Look down inside the head. You will see four silver screws at the bottom of the head.

Step 2: Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the four screws. Rotate the clear head so that the rounded front is facing you. Remove the clear head from the wheel housing.

Step 3: Remove the brush plate (plastic piece with 8 vertical springs) and set aside. This provides access to the adjustable candy wheel assembly. Remove the adjustable candy wheel and place it in front of you.

Step 4: Remove and set aside the 3 screws located on top of the adjustable wheel assembly used to secure the metal wing.

Note: The amount of candy that is vended is regulated by moving the metal wing, making a smaller or larger opening for the candy to drop down through.

Step 5. Adjust the opening by moving the metal wing, larger for larger pieces of candy like Peanut M&M's and Hot Tamales and smaller for small candy like Plain M&M's, Skittles and salted peanuts. As you move the wing counter-clockwise, you are making the candy slot larger so that it vends more candy. The more teeth you can see, the more candy you will be giving out on each vend. A good rule of thumb is to vend about 8-10 pieces for small candy and 5-7 pieces for large candy.

Step 8: Replace the 3 screws to secure the wing to the wheel. On the smallest setting, the three screws will be outside the wing rather than through the slot of the wing. On this smallest setting, the head of the screw will overlap the edge of the metal wing. Place the adjustable wheel assembly back inside the hopper. Double check to ensure that 1 of the 3 openings is directly above the candy chute area.

Step 9: Place the brush plate on top of the housing with the springs pointing down and the word "FRONT" and the arrow facing you to the front.

Step 10: Place the clear head on top of the grey wheel housing. The rounded part of the clear head will be facing you. The four protrusions on the bottom of the head will line up with the four holes in the housing.

Step 11: Place a screw into each of the four holes inside the head and tighten the screws using a Philips screwdriver.

Step 12: Place the clear head back on the machine with the rounded front facing you and put the lid and lid lock back on. Turn the lid lock clockwise until it is snug. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN

• 3 weeks later...

Land14 asked...

"Does anyone know if the 1800's, or any vending machine for that matter, are able to

change betweeen different currencies specifically, the US$, and EURO and AUS $"

I know both Beaver and Northwestern machines can be ordered with different

countries currency requirments. There might be an additional charge for this.

I would think you could order specific coin mechs through them also.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dang! Top post on the second page, and it doesn't have a thing to do with 1-800 machines. Sorry about that Steve!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived