Snack and Soda Machines in Hotels

Does anyone have machines in hotels I am currently trying to get into a Hilton Garden and they are going to want 5 machines, I dont know if starting out I want to dump that type of money into buying that many machines to put in one place if it want end up being very profitable. I know my profit mrgin will be higher since I can charge 2 bucks for a 20 oz coke but how many vends will I truly get? I think long term it may be worth it any thoughts.

Does anyone have machines in hotels I am currently trying to get into a Hilton Garden and they are going to want 5 machines, I dont know if starting out I want to dump that type of money into buying that many machines to put in one place if it want end up being very profitable. I know my profit mrgin will be higher since I can charge 2 bucks for a 20 oz coke but how many vends will I truly get? I think long term it may be worth it any thoughts.

If I were you I would do whatever possible to make this happen, If you plan to get into this a lot more you will be kicking yourself in the future if you don't take this account.

Hotels are good and hard to come by for the independent vendors.  Often they want some pretty high commissions but you just adjust the price to cover it.  I am somewhat familiar with the Hilton chain.  Normally they want 25%.  So keep that in mind when you are talking with them.  Since you are new I don't want you to faint when that number comes up.  When you are talking with them just be upfront and ask what the commission amount. 

Thanks for the advice I am going to try and lean on coke some to try and get loaned equipment hopefully it will go well. I figure it would be a good account but just wanted some inside info. Thank you for telling me ahead about the commission you were right I would have fainted. :D

I just spoke to coke today and asked about them loaning me some machines for this hotel account the guy took down the information as to what my needs were and said he actually had a meeting with his district manager on Wednesday and would get back to me then to let me know their decision. I think they are going to snd their salesman out to try and get the account themselves. The hotel does not open for another month

I would be pretty upset, personally, if Coke went out and closed on the account for themselves.  Those are the sorts of things that make it impossible for me to sleep at night, and give me nightmares.  For that reason, I would NEVER let them know the particulars of where the location is until they agreed to bring the machine.  Even then, I'd probably insist they bring the machine to my location so I could deliver to the client myself.  I would never divulge that sort of information to anyone... much less a competitor with a much higher capacity than my own.

Yea I never give account information until we are setting up the delivery date for the machine then I have to give them that since they will be delivering the machine. They will never let you install it yourself since they need to make sure it is done correctly to cover them on a liability side of things.

I agree with both of you but right now I am not able to buy all those machines so it is a crap shoot anyway. If they dont get me the machines then I am looking at spending about $5500 dollars to get machines to place in the hotel. I will know more on tomorrow hopefully they will do right but I realize the risk going into it. I told him the wrong location anyway just to see what he comes back with. ;)

I agree with both of you but right now I am not able to buy all those machines so it is a crap shoot anyway. If they dont get me the machines then I am looking at spending about $5500 dollars to get machines to place in the hotel. I will know more on tomorrow hopefully they will do right but I realize the risk going into it. I told him the wrong location anyway just to see what he comes back with. ;)

Even if YOU cant get the location that doesn`t mean you should gift it to a greedy billion dollar corporation.don`t forget the advice given here and never disclose any info on  potential accounts

Even if YOU cant get the location that doesn`t mean you should gift it to a greedy billion dollar corporation.don`t forget the advice given here and never disclose any info on  potential accounts

If he's willing to gift it, and the account is sizable enough... and taking into consideration the size of the outlying area, I'd almost be willing to fly out just for that account.  No joke!  And I'd have a convenient place to stay while servicing them.  LOL

If he's willing to gift it, and the account is sizable enough... and taking into consideration the size of the outlying area, I'd almost be willing to fly out just for that account.  No joke!  And I'd have a convenient place to stay while servicing them.  LOL

the only way I`d fly to a location is if it was in Vegas.

the only way I`d fly to a location is if it was in Vegas.

Vegas really has the vending business figured out.  Wouldn't it be great to have a vending machine that doesn't even dispense a product?  It just spins some dials and makes some noise.  A TINY fraction of income is spent on a Pavlovian Stimulant to keep the rats popping coins and pulling a lever.  Now that's a business to envy.

Vegas really has the vending business figured out.  Wouldn't it be great to have a vending machine that doesn't even dispense a product?  It just spins some dials and makes some noise.  A TINY fraction of income is spent on a Pavlovian Stimulant to keep the rats popping coins and pulling a lever.  Now that's a business to envy.

wow think of the profit margins!!

Great news Coke just called me today and they are going to loan me the machines they said it would take about 3 weeks to get them installed and of course all product has to come from them. I am going to meet with the hotel on Monday to hopefully close the deal. This is great!!!

Do any of you who have 3rd party individuals loan you machines have contracts with them. What would stop coke from coming in and saying they are going to take their machines out of the location. I know I will still have a contract with the hotel to keep the account. How have you guys handled this. :-\

Bottlers are pretty stand up groups.  They say they are not vendors they are bottlers.  So they are happy to have you filling the machine.  They don't need to send a truck or an employee out to fill.  Saves them some money.  They probably will ask for an agreement which will cover the min. order they will expect from you with your machines. 

Good luck with that account.  I think you will do very well with it.

Bev

Blue Moose Vending Mgt

yes, Coke will want you to order 4 cases a week per machine. That is 20 cases a week. thats pretty steep if you dont have any other machines. A case is 24 bottles. You have to sell 480 bottles a week, Unless they give you another leaner number. have them do this in writing.

it will be different with every bottler, in my area they are only going to require around 10 but said its not a big deal if its not doing that well, he said its not like they are going to pull the machine..

In my experience they did not pull machines they just cut back on giving you equipment until you got your purchasing power up a little closer to the min. projected sales requirement.  But again many of the bottlers sell areas to franchise guys/gals.  Then they make their rules for their own territory.  Thats why the rules are different around the country. You just need to call your representative to ask about your local requirements.