Replying to PM's (reminder)

caserri

I know I posted this in the past but can't seem to find it now.

I just wanted to remind everyone that you can not reply to a PM by simply replying to the notification email you get. This email is simply to let you know that you have a new PM here on the forum. If you reply to that email, then I will get your response, not your intended recipient.

I got 13 such responses today. It's not that big of an issue to me but I'm sure that you'd like to have your message sent to the right member.

To reply to a PM, you must login to your account here and go to your PM inbox.

• 1 month later...

Well it seems that this phenomenon is flaring up again so I will post another reminder.

At the beginning of each PM notification email you get, you will see the following...

You have just been sent a personal message by xxxxx on The VENDiscuss Forums.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

Please remember to reply to your PM's via the forum inbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest PM reply I got from someone who tried to reply to a PM through email instead of through their PM inbox...

that casserri is a huge golpher! i cant believe he said that to you. what a golpher. he needs a golpher golpher up the golpher. that golpher golpher needs to stop posting with his 4,000 golpher posts. he he doesnt even run a golpher route hes got no business even being on this golpher board!

Gotta love it!  ;D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That is hillairious! so if you seriously type a curse word, it will show up as Golpher?  Sorry, I'm too chicken to try it myself...

yes it golpher will. If that wasn't censored, I'm blaming Steve.

Edit: Yes it worked. It turned an F-bomb into golpher :)

As you can see, it doesn't catch everything. I guess some people just can't help themselves. Most members do try to keep it civil, though.

Quote from a member on Nov.23.

"I think the small amount of money you're talking about... most business owners don't give a golpher about it.  They'd rather not piss their time down the toilet talking about such a piddly sum."

• 6 months later...

Is there a way I can set up the forum to have a pop up when I have a new pm? Since the new forum conversion there have been times I finally noticed a pm and it was over 3-7 days old.

Is there a way I can set up the forum to have a pop up when I have a new pm? Since the new forum conversion there have been times I finally noticed a pm and it was over 3-7 days old.

you can set it so that you receive an email when you get a pm, no popups that Im aware of

Yes there is a way. Go to your options in you profile and click on notifications. You can change it there. It is called "inline notification".

Like Hillbilly said, to receive a popup when you get a new PM, You'll have to do 2 things.

1. Go to your settings, then to "Notifications" and check the box next to "Show popup..." (See pic below)

post-1-0-71818000-1306673008_thumb.png

2. Then scroll down the same page and you will see a section where you can customize how you receive each notification. Make sure you check the "Inline" boxes (3rd column) for the appropriate things you want a popup for. (See pic)

post-1-0-75944300-1306673011_thumb.png

• 7 months later...

Since some still reply to PM's through email, I guess I will play messenger even though it says PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL! on the PM notification...

- Rubin, onecent@atime says "I am".

- antoniocinisi, bulkvendingwizard says "Yes keyed alike. I think you will be happy with these but if not take what you want for 30 each plus my gas costs"

- bulkvendingwizard, dougdad65 says "nw"

More to come...

• Like 1

1. Caserri, please take a message.
  2. Wow, a human messenger service. This place just keeps getting better.
  3. Secretary, please hold my calls until Tuesday as I will be out of the office.
  4. No Mrs C, I don't think your Husband will find out we are PMing each other, so relax.

Couldn't decide on which joke to use, so everyone pick one.

• Like 1

Here is a message for bulkvendingwizard.

Dennis23 says, "I have 7 NW and 4 oak. The Oak look like a vista 450 and the NW are very similar. $35.00 each but you have to take all of them. I have some stands not sure just how many they would be $20.00 per stand probably not over 5 to 7 stands."

You're welcome Dennis.

• Like 1

Here is a message for bulkvendingwizard.

Dennis23 says, "I have 7 NW and 4 oak. The Oak look like a vista 450 and the NW are very similar. $35.00 each but you have to take all of them. I have some stands not sure just how many they would be $20.00 per stand probably not over 5 to 7 stands."

You're welcome Dennis.

Kinda pathetic with these kids, isn't it Steve? You have more patience with them than I would.

• 1 month later...

Come on guys. I got 7 of these today. That means 7 of you are waiting for a reply from someone you PM'd and you'll never get them!

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Come on guys. I got 7 of these today. That means 7 of you are waiting for a reply from someone you PM'd and you'll never get them!

You should share! Maybe they will learn not to reply to it then.

Lake cities vending, usurper333 says...

"I primarily place snack and soda machines. I locate via phone and Im good. So it doesnt matter where you are. You do not have to pay me anything up front, I charge $375.00 per location ( and they will be good ), And you would have to pay me as I turn them over to you. If im dialing for a soda machine and they need a snack machine as well, theres no extra charge for the snack."

Hey Pyrodude, redfleet said...

"He's back pedaled since I last spoke to him. He's at 75 for 10 or 60 if you purchase more than 30. I'm negotiating with a guy right now for eighty single heads for $15 each. They need about $10 work on each of them though. Locks and new panels."

Hey dogcow, onecent@atime says...

"Yes"

Caserri,

For what it's worth, if I were you, I would just delete the messages. If they don't receive their messages, then they'll have to work it out between themselves. You're not paid enough to be our personal message machine. :D