Expiration date for energy drinks

soco

Checked previous threads & didn't see any info on how to read the codes on the bottom of energy drinks (monster, rock star, red bull) for expiration date... or don't they have expiration dates?

Most use the Julian coding system and you will need to contact mfg for info on how to decipher. Easy solution, most bottlers change their labels around once a year now. So when Monster changes their can I will pay attention to the old labeled ones in the machine and if they are not gone in a couple of months then its time to change them out.

Thanks Mission.  Would you say that's true for Rock Star also?  Red Bull doesn't seem to change their label.  Quite frankly I don't drink these drinks, so I don't know if there is a taste difference with a product that's been in a column for 6 months or more vs. a fresh one.

Yes, of course.  but some of my accounts are seasonal and it's hard to figure out exactly when the sales will slow down.  There are always employees who continue to buy in the off season, but this year I overstocked on Monster.