Amerivend

bacho

Haven't seen any reviews on this machine. Just wondering if anyone tried them. He has alot of singles on ebay that range from $43.75 to $45 w/free shipping. I know Steve had mentioned he uses their stands.

• 3 weeks later...

Repost from elsewhere on the board...

I have purchased a few of their Starline 16's. They are a decent machine. All metal body with all the basic features you would expect. The globe hold down screws/rods are a bit smaller in diameter than most machines. They ship very fast. I get equipment delivered to my door here in MA in about 4-5 days.

The only negative I can think of in terms of quality is that sometimes the different parts of the machine will not fit entirely right. Doesn't make the machine un-usable, just an aesthetic thing. If you ever built plastic models of cars and planes when you were a kid, you might recall some of the pieces not fitting together perfectly? This is what I mean here as well.

I don't know anything about the sticker machines.

HTH,

Steve

BUYER BEWARE!

Inventory Issues at Amerivend.com

I called today to check on inventory for Sticker/tattoo machines and some combo. rack setups that they have on their web site. The salesperson I spoke to said that all their sticker/tattoo machines and 2" capsule machines are out-of-stock. I asked her when they expected to have them and see said they haven't had them in stock for a year. She said that they are complaining that sales are down and she can see why. Her boss keeps telling her they are being redesigned but he has been saying that for 12 months. No wonder their prices are so good. They don't even have the products/prices they advertise on their site.

I will have to buy from Candymachines.com at least they have the products when you need them.

Gary

Gary,

Wow. Thanks for the update. Fortunately all I'm buying from them right now is stands.

Are those the sticker machines they are currently offering on ebay?

Steve

Steve,

That's a real good question. 4 column machines are on ebay for $209 but have shipping costs. On their website everything has free shipping. Is it someone else selling their machines? I don't know anymore. I think I will stay clear of them until they get their act together.

Gary

from what i have seen on ebay they always run 2 kinds of ads. one with the price plus shipping and another higher price with shipping included.

example

stand 1 ---- $27 free shipping

stand 2 ----- $12.50 + $14.50 shipping

sucks about the out of stocks. sounds like they are trying to find someone else in china to manufacture the machines or they are waiting on a container.

I just bought two stands from them for the first time.  Quick turn around which was pleasing and the price of $27 complete w/ shipping is great.  They are a little shorter though compared to the A&A stands I have been buying.

My first five machines were Amerivend triple vends that I bought from Ebay.  Since then, I bought  22 used 1800 vending machines from a local seller.  Now, that I have a basis of comparison, I really don't like the Amerivends.

The Amerivend machine is very heavy.  It weighs at least twice as much as a 1800 vending machine.

The candy selections are divided by 2 pieces of sheet metal that slide into grooves, making it into a three compartment machine.  The 1800 vending machines have seperate canisters for each candy selection.  I didn't even know canisters existed before 1800 machines.  To empty out candy from my Amerivend you have to manually dig it out by the handful (very annoying), with a canister you just lift the canister out and dump.

The Amerivends are affordable, priced $124 on ebay with free shipping.  The shipping was fairly quick, I think something around 7 days or so from ordering.

The stirrer from a gumball wheel broke on one of my machines.  The screws on the vend portion must have been loose because it had partially closed so that the gumballs couldn't vend.  I guess somewhere during this process, the gumball stirrer snapped?  I readjusted the vend screws and put the machine back on location, but haven't been back since.  Hopefully it's working without the stirrer.

3 out of the 5 machines I ordered did not come with 25c stickers.  I had to contact them mutiple times before they sent them out to me (at no charge).  It is a minor detail, but annoying.

Overall, I would not buy another triple vend from Amerivend. 

Thanks, Master Key. This is a great review and it was just what I wanted to find out about Amerivend. I don't use their triples but it gives me a good idea about their overall product and service. Also, I couldn't agree more about the 1800 vs Amerivend comparison.

Thanks

Gary

Thanks for the review guys. That's good to know about their triples. I'm leaning toward starting with triples and downsizing to doubles after I get a feel of what product sells and what doesn't at a location. I'll probably go with their singles when I downsize a location.

As for the pipe stands, both the free shipping and pay shipping come out to the same price. They offer a double w/stand for $130 on ebay which in the long run you save a few bucks because of purchasing the plate separately. I think the plate goes for like $13 with shipping.

I'm hoping to start up this spring sometime because of personal reasons. It may be a blessing in disguise after reading other posts about Jan. and Feb. being slow months. It would be hard to get an idea what I can actually do with the machines.

Keep up the good work people. You're really educating this newbie. :)

Masterkey:

Your Amerivend sounds similar to a Seaga triple. On the Seaga they have  a slide on the bottom of the dispensing wheel that is accessible through the coin compartment. You can pull the slide out and the candy "pours" out. ( not exactly, but it is a lot easier than scooping it out the top) Check to see if your machine has the same feature. Make sure you have a coffee cup, a margerine tub or something that will fit underneath to catch the product.

Ted 

tedk wrote:

Masterkey:

Your Amerivend sounds similar to a Seaga triple. On the Seaga they have  a slide on the bottom of the dispensing wheel that is accessible through the coin compartment. You can pull the slide out and the candy "pours" out. ( not exactly, but it is a lot easier than scooping it out the top) Check to see if your machine has the same feature. Make sure you have a coffee cup, a margerine tub or something that will fit underneath to catch the product.

Ted 

amerivend has the same thing on the triples

• 1 month later...

Masterkey:

Ted 

I had to pull a machine today, so I got a chance to check this out.

There is a small tab on the bottom/back of the dispensing wheel, but when I pulled it off, no candy came out???

Brian

• 2 months later...

I didn't even know they sent out  25C stickers? I bought one machine from them.  And was not pleased with the quality.  I had it for 2 months in my house and my kids would use it. A few times my son got his quarter back and the gumball.   He said if u turn real hard you get it back.  It just doesnt seem to be reliable. I have the Single head cab 17.  So I am  not real interested to buy more of them.  And the fact that they come from china? might have lead paint or something. Not interested. However I did just order 4 pipe stands from them and will continue to do so.

Are you referring to the Apollo Globe? We have had ours for almost 2 years now and it has vended several hundred vends with no problem at all. We have been happy with ours. I don't know about the Starline or triples from Amerivend but our single Apollo globe has served us very well and has paid for itself several times over. It was actually the first machine we bought to set up at events long before we started to build a route.(It's the yellow one in my avatar.)

David

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having issues with Amerivend and receiving my order for that $27.00 stand they offer. I ordered it on July 31st and I have talked with them twice already. Anyone else have issues with them?

I was on the phone with Amerivend today. Their prices are going up for their one inch stands. I am not sure if everyone gets a price increase but I do know that I am getting charged more for living in NY. Charlie said he was going to change the web site to reflect the increases.

• 6 months later...

BUYER BEWARE!

Inventory Issues at Amerivend.com

Gary

I called Amerivend today and was shocked at their responses and attitude!  I too am looking for some more sticker machines and the receptionist said, "we are out of stock and will probably discontinue them".  Now they did have a few of the 3-column left and when I asked if that line was also being discontinued she said, "I don't know.  The owners are in China and will not return for 3 months"!  Sounds like these guys are messed up big time and who knows if they will ever get their act together.  I guess for now I will only buy rack stands from them.

Sad what has happened to manufacturing in the USA.   There is plenty of blame to go around between government policy, exploitative owners and ultra-demanding unions.  It looks like China is going through what this country went through in the early 1900's.   I hear that labor laws are stricter in favor of the worker and the government is cracking down on sweat shops.  Maybe the days of cheap Chinese labor is coming to an end.

Jax