a&A po89 vs oak vista body mechanism upgrades

will.vend

I have recently been upgrading alot of my 25 cent machines to 50 cents, In this discussion I am only talking about po89 and oak vista bodies. I am buying my 50 cent mechanisms from a&a they fit their bodies with no problem but when you try to put one on an oak body they will not fit. the mouth of the oak is alot narrower than the po89, if you hold them side by side you will see what I mean. I have a mixture of oaks and po90's in the field, I learned about this the hard way, 200 miles from home and could not upgrade because it wouldnt slide in the opening. I have been able to take my dremel and open the oaks to accept the a&a 50 cent mech,but that takes time. (one more thing to do) I hope this helps anybody that is upgrading to not have the problems I have had.  I also hope this makes sense,

I noticed this myself !   I tried to put  some 50 cent mechs in a po89 , They work but the don't fit just right. the mouths of the bodies are wider in the po89 and smaller in the oaks.

that's right! you can use a dremel to adapt them if you have one

I know that A&A will sell oak mechs, not just PO89 mechs.  What if you got some of those instead?  Do they have them for 50c?

im not 100% sure but I dont think so, I have some but not many and I try to streamline when I can.