Car Wash Location

john2010

I have a car wash location I am considering for an outdoor soda machine.

The location is very busy and has no other machines with seven self service bays and one full service bay on a busy highway.  The owner had a previous soda machine in the past but had it removed because vendor was not taking care of it.  It would be located next to the change machine and would be highly visible.  Can anyone give me some feedback on their experience with a car wash and how it did for them in soda volume monthly.  Thank you

well ive never had a machine at  a car wash but  a car wash i use has a pepsi bottle machine  and  i used it  a  couple times and both times the drinks were way past exp date

if you have a machine where you can  put what you want in it  then it may do great   now mind you those drinks are way over priced  at the car wash i use  hope this helps john

To further expound on alboy`s comments, self serve washes can be hit or miss and unattended locations such as that are also subject to much higher rates of vandalism.

Personally if it was something I was looking at I`d probably pass. The comment about the previous guy not taking care of the machine is telling.

You can always try putting them in a cage.  It doesn't look great but it will help with the V&MM.

Poplady

yeah Bev has the right idea I got a couple of those for a vendor here in houston and I forget where he got the cages but they were expensive 150 plus 100 shipping or something like that if I remember right....but he says well worth the investment because those carwashes kick butt and the money you save on vandals pays for it in  half a years time ....this is second hand experience not mine but this guy John has been doing this about 6 years now and that is exactly what he told me...except for the price...I cant remember exact pricing but it wa something like that...

get a cage and go for it

Thanks everyone for your input.  I am going to give it a shot.  I spoke to the

owner today and will have the machine on location next week.  I am looking

into getting a cage just in case.  I will let you know how I make out.

Have a great weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

I am considering this in my local area.  I am just now transitioning from bulk and honor boxes into full line vending.  The car wash in my town and a neighboring town have both been bought by new owners and remodeled.  Neither one has a beverage or snack machine.  I think I am going to approach them about putting one in.  I have researched this topic, but if anyone has any updated advice or feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanx!

I placed one at a full service car wash early this summer. I was having to service it twice a week with over $100 in it each time. I was doing cans at $1.00 and giving 20% comm. I am looking to get more. The bad, now that it is cooling down sales have gone way down, maybe 50 or 60 a week.

I have had both full and self serve locations. Full service location is way way better. Both locations have had break ins. My advise is to put all outdoor machines in a cage as they will get vandalized. If you wait on the cage you will be paying for vandalism repairs AND a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that there are tall ones and short ones. I bought 5 short ones for $100 each from another vendor. The only problem with them is I can't put my tall soda machines in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone near me In Florida is looking for a cage, I have a custom built double cage for sale.  Cost me 1,500 to have it built.  It's in great shape - the burglars had all weekend at a school to attack the validators thru the openings for the customers, did 2K damage to the machines to steal 100 cash, and never touched the cages!  Actually the cages did well as far as keeping the students from routine vandalism, the problem being a location with no activity for the weekends and no cares for the security of my equipment....

We have a "no outside policy" but that's just us.  We have one "full service car wash" with 10-20 employees working when they are open.  We have a snack machine indoors.  It does about $75 a week.  It grows and shrinks during different parts of the year but overall is a good account.  Pay 10% but prices are where they need to be.  The machine we have in there is probably one of the worst snack machines we have.  Kind of surprised the owner has never asked for an upgrade.  It is on the top of our "could upgrade machine" list.  

There is a local car wash company with 7-10 car wash's in our range.  Going to try and get one of them, and then all of them in the next couple of weeks/months.  Used to work at one in high school.  Hope that's my "in" to getting their business. haha

Capital, I try to avoid outside locations as well, this was an experiment that was an expensive failure.  I have some outdoor soda machines in better locations and they all belong to bottlers, so my possible losses are limited on those.   My full serve car wash doesn't have room for a snack machine, I wish they did based on the drink sales it would likely do very well... good luck on the chain!

Archived