1 inch product rankings

dperry

I know people like to know these things, so I thought I'd post it here.

I have been looking over my sales figures, trying to find out which are the hottest items, so that I know what would be the best things to buy in my next order.  Here's what I've found for this year, from 1/1/2010 to today.  They are ranked most popular to least popular.  The Amount shows the number of units sold.  The Average shows the average amount sold per service cycle.  My service cycles are generally 2 months or 8 weeks.  These are only for 1 inch products.

[table]

[tr][td]1[/td][td]Product [/td][td]Amount[/td][td]Avg [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2[/td][td]Fast Food Erasers [/td][td]445 [/td][td]148 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3[/td][td]Sports Balls [/td][td]429 [/td][td]143 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]4[/td][td]Sea Mania I [/td][td]387 [/td][td]129 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]5[/td][td]Planet-X Aliens [/td][td]98 [/td][td]98 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]6[/td][td]Rolly Polly Beans [/td][td]192 [/td][td]96 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]7[/td][td]Barrel of Monkeys [/td][td]185 [/td][td]92 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]8[/td][td]Zoo Mania I 1in [/td][td]181 [/td][td]90 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]9[/td][td]Grow Pets [/td][td]413 [/td][td]82 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]10[/td][td]Gumballs [/td][td]8831 [/td][td]78 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]11[/td][td]Squishy Toppers [/td][td]154 [/td][td]77 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12[/td][td]Floam 1in [/td][td]72 [/td][td]72 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]13[/td][td]Stretchy Pests [/td][td]212 [/td][td]70 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]14[/td][td]Mystery Mix [/td][td]1270 [/td][td]70 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]15[/td][td]Sticky Mix [/td][td]1320 [/td][td]69 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]16[/td][td]Ninja Fighters [/td][td]261 [/td][td]65 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]17[/td][td]Monkey'n Around figures [/td][td]510 [/td][td]63 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]18[/td][td]Super Ball mix [/td][td]425 [/td][td]60 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]19[/td][td]Glo Sticks [/td][td]121 [/td][td]60 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]20[/td][td]Hand Cuffs [/td][td]167 [/td][td]55 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]21[/td][td]Silver Chains [/td][td]110 [/td][td]55 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]22[/td][td]Clear and Cool Rings [/td][td]252 [/td][td]50 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]23[/td][td]Spikey Jiggle Balls [/td][td]50 [/td][td]50 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]24[/td][td]Glo-in-the-dark Aliens [/td][td]97 [/td][td]48 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25[/td][td]Alien Transformers [/td][td]84 [/td][td]42 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]26[/td][td]Moustaches [/td][td]40 [/td][td]40 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]27[/td][td]Urbanzees [/td][td]38 [/td][td]38 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]28[/td][td]California Gold [/td][td]147 [/td][td]36 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]29[/td][td]Acrylic Rings [/td][td]254 [/td][td]31 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]30[/td][td]Fortune Dice [/td][td]132 [/td][td]22 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]31[/td][td]Squishy Balls [/td][td]14 [/td][td]14 [/td][/tr]

[/table]

For those who may have not seen them, I've included pictures of the Rolly Polly Beans and the Barrel of Monkeys.  I don't really ever hear about anybody talking about them here, so I figure they are not well known.  They can be got at Blue Bar Vending, but they call them Jumping Beans.  I only show the other toys (Ninja, Dentures) to show scale. 

The barrel of monkeys comes in a self-vend barrel holding the monkeys.

The rolly polly beans are like weebls.  They wobble, but they don't fall down.  They are hard plastic with a heavy ball in the middle.  They have several different varieties of shrink-wrap labels with different characters on them, which makes them collectible.  They are VERY heavy.  You can only fill a vista 300 about 1/2 way up or they will lock up your wheel.

No, I do not.  I keep a count of how much each head does, and enter the amount in my tracking system.  My tracking system knows how much each head vends for, so it can divide the amount by the vend amount to find out how many was sold.  Then I go to my reports page to find out the rankings by date.

I use my own home grown LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) system.  I tried vend trak, and I had some issues with it.  It didn't do reports like I liked, so I decided to roll my own.

Do you find the roly poly beans to be as profitable even though you can only fill the machine up half way? My nephew had some sort of item similar to those that he got at the store and he was fascinated by them. If they were popular enough that I didn't need to worry about only filling the machine half way I would definitely consider them.

And the barrel of monkeys is so cool!  I haven't seen that before, but it looks awesome.  I definitely going to look into that item.

Thanks for  the tips.

:D

Do you find the roly poly beans to be as profitable even though you can only fill the machine up half way? My nephew had some sort of item similar to those that he got at the store and he was fascinated by them. If they were popular enough that I didn't need to worry about only filling the machine half way I would definitely consider them.

Like Will said, you can use a baffle.  I'd try using a NW Super 60 with some sort of baffle.  Can you imagine how fun they'd be on a spiral?

I'm putting together my first small rack {4 machines} and wanted to maybe put bouncy balls in one head. All the machines I have now are .25. Is the cog ok for bouncy balls at .25?

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

For you guys who want to do toy vending, but don't have machines that have capsule wheels (ala 1800s and vendstars) I did some tests today and discovered some products that will vend out of a gumball wheel.  I was testing them out because I have yet to receive my capsule wheels for my NW's and had only gumball wheels.

Blue Bar's Alien Transformers work well in a NW Super 80 gumball wheel setup without a riser.

http://www.bluebarvending.com/11Caps/V1AlienEgg_L.jpg

V1AlienEgg_L.jpg

So do their magic beans:

http://www.bluebarvending.com/11Caps/Bigbeans_L.jpg

Bigbeans_L.jpg

And the Barrel of Monkeys:

http://www.bluebarvending.com/11Caps/V1Monkey_L.jpg

V1Monkey_L.jpg

I only ever bought from them just the once, but I will be doing it again shortly.  I think it is only one guy, and he's always been responsive to questions, and the shipping is quick.

Archived