Servicing Locations

noved1

I wear cargo type khaki pants to service my machines,  but I have learned to service the machine first and fill my pockets last.  if it is quite a bit of change, then I put some in each of my 6 pockets, that way there isn't so much cha golpher when I walk. If it is in a nice area, I will lock the doors and empty my pockets into the bank bag.

I need to get in the habit of carrying a back pack so I can just put the bank bags in it.  that way everything is in one place/area.  So the bottom half of my body doesn't look like rambo or a thief, when I leave the location.

We carry in everything mentioned above, but there is certainly a need for coin trays at places that do any kind of volume.  It's really the PITA factor that comes in to play and draws attention when you are trying to pick up $50 out of a machine and your reaching into it multiple times to try and pick up handfuls of quarters.  Coin trays in the machine are the way to go in my humble opinion.  Pick it up and dump it into the Zip Lock bag or bank bag of your choosing.  I experienced this today as I was trying to remove $92 dollars in quarters from a community center, and had the supervisor standing 5 feet from me.  The machine had been completely empty for days, and we were here 3 weeks ago.  We also did not put coin trays into the back of this particular triple and it was time consuming.  I had trays in the van, and fully loaded the machine this time.  I try to make sure I have extra labels, parts, tools, etc, with me whenever I service, and I don't usually bring in more than the candy and a long screwdriver.  But always be prepared.  I also bring extra heads, and usually an extra machine in the van just in case.  I have had a couple of instances where a machine has been knocked over and they haven't called, so I had no knowledge that therewas a problem beforehand.  I guess what I am trying to say in this longwinded rant is to be as prepared as you can, everytime.  For Vendstar users out there,  Eddie had an interesting comment one time when we were discussing servicing machines.  He said he used to remove the entire head from the pole and base and replace it with a new one every time he went into a location.  This allowed for variety every month and did not allow a location to see what was being made from the machine.

For Vendstar users out there,  Eddie had an interesting comment one time when we were discussing servicing machines.  He said he used to remove the entire head from the pole and base and replace it with a new one every time he went into a location.  This allowed for variety every month and did not allow a location to see what was being made from the machine.

That is an excellent idea, and I may have to use that to introduce new variety and get rid of Peanut M&Ms.

May be a stupid question, but why are some bringing in a scale? To estimate weight of quarters to give out commission, rather than sit there and count? Does it have to do with the product?

Yes, to weigh the quarters for commission.

Archived