If you had to do it all over

hutchdavidson

I'd get right into toys and not mess with candy.

I'd buy only one kind of machine, and buy them new so I had them all the way I wanted.

Buy product in large quantities to get reduced rates and save on shipping.

I hope full line guys can play.

I would have have hired a locator right away and go after 10 or so drink locations.  I originally started with snack machines which looking back, I don't think was the best idea. I wish someone would have told me about spoilage with only a few snack machines.

I hope full line guys can play.

I would have have hired a locator right away and go after 10 or so drink locations.  I originally started with snack machines which looking back, I don't think was the best idea. I wish someone would have told me about spoilage with only a few snack machines.

Were you ever in bulk? What is your opinion on bulk vending in general?

We started this whole thing with $1000.  If I had $10K, and the knowledge I have now, I think I would have purchased 200 machines in the neighborhood of $20-25 each,  Vended toys and gum and candy from the start.  Hired multiple locators to get them placed quick, and  been well on my way to 400 machines now.

We started this whole thing with $1000.  If I had $10K, and the knowledge I have now, I think I would have purchased 200 machines in the neighborhood of $20-25 each,  Vended toys and gum and candy from the start.  Hired multiple locators to get them placed quick, and  been well on my way to 400 machines now.

Ive already spent $1200 on 15 NW 60s and havent even placed the machines yet. Hope im doing this right. Between the machine cost, shipping, stands, shipping, wheel change outs, charity stickers, its adding up. Short of lucking out with a local route ready to buy or local machines that are just what i need, I dont see any other way.

Ive already spent $1200 on 15 NW 60s and havent even placed the machines yet. Hope im doing this right. Between the machine cost, shipping, stands, shipping, wheel change outs, charity stickers, its adding up. Short of lucking out with a local route ready to buy or local machines that are just what i need, I dont see any other way.

I would stop buying machines until you get the ones you have placed ! Once they are out making money the wheels will start turning and you will be able to reinvest  your earnings into more equipment /locations/product.

The deal I first got into the business with, I overpaid for Vendmax Deluxes and got sold up the river on the income they were generating.  I have of course recovered from that but it would have been nice to have had a few grand more to grow faster.

I also would not have a partner, and certainly not at 50% ownership.  The cost is just too high and you need a really huge business to support two people full-time.

Hutch: IMO  you need to get those machines located fast!  Once you have income  alot of the second guessing will go away.

Put one foot in front of the other and go. You can tweek things for perfection after you are up and running. It is great incentive when you  roll up to a location and walk away  with a bag full of quarters. The little machine in my avatar cost me 5 bucks. It has already paid for itself and then some in a month. Eddie got me that location.

I understand what you're going through, I've got almost 50 machines all in various states, waiting to go out. I've got 10 out now, but I'm hoping to get them all out in the next couple of months. That cash needs to start coming back in my direction, I'm done paying for more stuff.

I understand what you're going through, I've got almost 50 machines all in various states, waiting to go out. I've got 10 out now, but I'm hoping to get them all out in the next couple of months. That cash needs to start coming back in my direction, I'm done paying for more stuff.

Damn, thats a lot of machines to just have laying around when you only have 10 out. As others have said to me, get them out there!

First off ten grand is this business is a drop in the bucket on the way to being full time.  That being said ten grand is a great start.  In any business every dollar counts.  Some one talked about hiring locators.  Your money is better spend buying more product and machines.  locate your self and save your money.  I would also say skip doubles and only place four ways or larger.  No candy but for gum and a hard candy here and there.  Don't be afraid to go after the good locations.  Try malls,  super markets, dept stores.  Just be sure your trying to put the right machine in each lovation.  In other words don't try to put a double in a food court. 

Archived