Runts Candy

classicglide

I have had a few of my accounts request Runts, so I have been trying to find the best price.I just found it I believe. It was from Quill, they have a 30lb. box for $47. and if you buy three or more it drops to $44 a box. Before this the best I could find was $65 and up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go for it! I had thought that A&A Global was the cheapest place around, but they have 30lbs of Runts for $58. Quill used to be good for gumballs, but they changed the brand and tripled the price so I no longer use them. They used to have free shipping if you buy over $50 worth of goods tho, so that makes it even better. Do they still have that option?

Check out Sam's Club. (Not online.) If things haven't changed, it needs to be special ordered and picked up from the store, so there is no shipping charge. I can't remember what I did with the item number, but they should be able to look it up for you.

I think the 30 lb box is (was) under $40.

Regarding Sams and Wal-Mart....

I read somewhere that Wal-Mart (and thereby Sams Club) was loosing ground to other large retailers like Target and Dollar General. One of the things that they cited about their losses was that Wal-Mart started to reduce the number of items that they sold in their stores. They had reduced the number of items because they needed the room to make the aisles wider because customers complained that the stores were too cramped and messy looking. But then people started to complain that they could no longer find the items they wanted and were turning elsewhere to do their shopping.

I think this is what happened with Sams Club and why we can no longer find all the candies that we once were able to before. I wonder if this means that we will again start seeing those candies showing up on the shelves.

I however am undecided if this is a good thing. Yes, it's convenient to buy the candy at Sams, but it's also convenient for the location owner to buy candy at Sams and thereby do their own vending, and kicking us out.

One more reason to add to the list for why I'm moving away from candy and into toys.

Go for it! I had thought that A&A Global was the cheapest place around, but they have 30lbs of Runts for $58. Quill used to be good for gumballs, but they changed the brand and tripled the price so I no longer use them. They used to have free shipping if you buy over $50 worth of goods tho, so that makes it even better. Do they still have that option?

I should have added that. With tax it came to 51 and some change so it qualified for free shipping.The best I have been able to find at Sam's was gumballs and M&M's.

It is when they (Quill) bill you for what ever you are purchasing from them and you have 30 days from receiving the invoice to pay for the goods you bought. So lets say for example you buy some runts from quill. They will ship the runts to you and you do not have to pay for those runts until 30 day's after receiving the invoice. That is how all the major companies usually buy all of there materials and supplies.

It is when they (Quill) bill you for what ever you are purchasing from them and you have 30 days from receiving the invoice to pay for the goods you bought. So lets say for example you buy some runts from quill. They will ship the runts to you and you do not have to pay for those runts until 30 day's after receiving the invoice. That is how all the major companies usually buy all of there materials and supplies.

Ok thanks.

was gonna order some runts today instead had to listen to 2 samsclub employees tell me that every thing available thats not in the store is online and it had to be ordered online. Didnt have time to speak with manager, I will get with a manger at another time to see what they have to say.

Order from the Sam's Club Member's Desk??!! :o

Yea, Right!! :unsure:

You are assuming that there is INTELLIGENT life on the other side of the counter!! ;D

Virtually no one there will no how to handle a special order. YOU will have to train that person yourself to get your order! :angry:

I find it very bizzare(and sad) that Sam has this "special order" system and no one there knows how it works. Look at the Dubble Bubble box and they even promote ordering special gum and candy, but NO ONE can actually figure out how to order it! Pretty sad indeed. Or course, you can't blame the employees since management never trained them. Don't be surprised if even the manager is clueless.

Tell the manager you will be happy to order on-line if he pays for the shipping. And don't believe it when the on-line system claims no shipping cost for an item. They simply added it the the product cost and then claim free shipping.

"You can't fix stupid". Ron White

And the "special order" system along with the corporate execs that "designed" it at Sam's is really really stupid!

OK, OK, I am done.

On a more positive note, that price for Runts at Quill is unbeatable. Order 3 boxes at $45 each and get free shipping! Wow! I may order some myself. Quill will also send you $20 off coupons for orders over $100 once you place a few orders. I am looking right now at three coupons they sent me (but can't combine them). So I can get 3 cases (32220 pieces) for $115 and no shipping for the next 3 orders That would make about a 3 cent product cost per vend (based on 9 pieces). Looks like I will be vending some Runts soon!

Hopefully when Wal-Mart (and Sams) begins to reverse its decision to remove items from it's shelves, and starts adding those items back on the shelves, we won't be needing to special order anymore.

Another big problem with the so-called “special order” system is how they handle the order after it arrives. Now this is going back many years since I no longer deal with their nonsense. On one occasion, a marketing rep called and instructed me to tell the membership desk staff that my machines were being stored under Ned’s desk in the marketing department! On another occasion, my order for Black Cherry gumballs was actually placed on the retail shelf. I was never informed that the order arrived and I simply forgot about it. When I was shopping for some more products, I noticed it on the shelf and then remembered. Fortunately, I had the receipt in my wallet and just pick them up and left.

I wonder if Sam ever thought about have a staging area just for “special orders”?? How about having a cage in the membership desk area so that the employees can actually find the special order when the customer arrives? What rocket scientists those corporate guys must be - not!

• 1 month later...

On a more positive note, that price for Runts at Quill is unbeatable. Order 3 boxes at $45 each and get free shipping! Wow! I may order some myself. Quill will also send you $20 off coupons for orders over $100 once you place a few orders. I am looking right now at three coupons they sent me (but can't combine them). So I can get 3 cases (32220 pieces) for $115 and no shipping for the next 3 orders That would make about a 3 cent product cost per vend (based on 9 pieces). Looks like I will be vending some Runts soon!

Did you clean them out? I don't see Runts on the website any longer.

Once you place a few orders, Quill will send you a $20 coupon via email or snail mail. I really like their customer service. Now we just need these guys to start selling superballs! I love free shipping. I wish there was a way to convince this office supply company to sell superballs!

Once you place a few orders, Quill will send you a $20 coupon via email or snail mail. I really like their customer service. Now we just need these guys to start selling superballs! I love free shipping. I wish there was a way to convince this office supply company to sell superballs!

I'm surprised that they don't sell gum for their gumball machines. Maybe search isn't pulling that up either.

I'm surprised that they don't sell gum for their gumball machines. Maybe search isn't pulling that up either.

They used to sell gumballs, but discontinued them. Maybe if enough people complain, they will bring them back. But it has to be at the right price. They used to sell Frod gum for about $21, then for some reason they switched to Oak Leaf for $35! At that price, no vendor would be interested. Quill will send a satisfaction survey to your email for online orders. Maybe we all should "suggest" in the survey that they consider gumballs and superballs.

They used to sell gumballs, but discontinued them. Maybe if enough people complain, they will bring them back. But it has to be at the right price. They used to sell Frod gum for about $21, then for some reason they switched to Oak Leaf for $35! At that price, no vendor would be interested. Quill will send a satisfaction survey to your email for online orders. Maybe we all should "suggest" in the survey that they consider gumballs and superballs.

Their prices are rediculous for all of the other vending items they carry. They are almost 50% higher than Sam's in some cases.

I order from them. I'll suggest that Jax. Thats a good idea.

Archived