$11,500 for a ready made 10 drink machine route

Anyone ever use these guys? Interesting concept. I am assuming you are buying a route and not the machines also.

http://metrovending.homestead.com/

In the material it says that it is very hard to get a relationship with the local bottlers.

I didn't have any problem with Coke, and once I talked to an actual person at Pepsi, that was easy to set up too.

I might be different in your area though.

basically you are paying them $11,500 for them to find you 10 locations. The machines are 3rd party.

Basically in a nut shell, you kiss coke and pepsi's butt and/or meet their minimums and they will give you the machines, you go on the hunt yourself, and find the locations.

Pay for gas and your time, and save yourself about $11,400.

Or, if you are patient, and I mean REALLY patient, call Eddie Bauer, pay $200-400 per location, and he will find them for you, thus saving as much as $9,000

The third party program has been discussed in many threads. Bottom line is that over the last few years the bottlers, especially Coke, have become harder to do business with. I believe this trend will continue which at some point MIGHT leave you in a bind and force you to buy product you don't need in order to meet minimum quotas and not have them start picking up machines.

Another point to consider is that soda only locations tend to be small locations like oil change places, salons etc. So you are considering paying someone over $1,000.00 to locate a machine for you that if you are VERY VERY lucky will gross 100 bucks a week.

My recommendation is that you keep your money in your pocket and look for something better.

Bottom line is that over the last few years the bottlers, especially Coke, have become harder to do business with. I believe this trend will continue which at some point MIGHT leave you in a bind and force you to buy product you don't need in order to meet minimum quotas and not have them start picking up machines.

Yup, Been there, STILL doing that at times! I currently have 11 cases of Dasani water that I have ordered over the last 4 months in attempt to keep up on my quota. Dasani water is the cheapest item Coke sells, plus it has about a year shelf life.

I am in the process of purchasing a bottle coke and pepsi machine and will be setting up a vending island. With a coke machine of my own, I am hoping that I won't have to worry about quotas and having to worry about expired product. I am also starting to target inside locations.

Another point to consider is that soda only locations tend to be small locations like oil change places, salons etc. if you are VERY VERY lucky will gross 100 bucks a week.

My best soda machine only location averages about $80 gross per week. My 2 outdoor machines, I'm lucky if I gross $75 a week with the two machines COMBINED! :o

• 2 months later...

Run as fast as you can from http://metrovending.homestead.com/ I have used them in the past and they the only thing the commit to in the deal is taking your money. The locations are .5-3 case a month locations, they promise you the world and give chest pains. they promise to show you the ropes and that does not happen, all they are doing is giving you a number to the bottler that is the wrong dept and make you promise not to mention them. Most of the routes where horrible or refused once the machine showed up. It took over a year to dig out of the whole they put me in. Luckily I found Bev (support) and Eddie for new locations to keep me afloat.

Im new to the board but I do this full time and have been at it for over a year all full service soda.

Onecent,

Sorry to read about your troubles.

But, at least you found some proper help in Bev and Eddie.

If it took you a year to dig out of the hole you got into, that means you are out of it and doing better now.

That's a positive.

Now, stay focused and just consider the year of hassle a year of education in the vending biz and the money spent was just tuition.

Keep moving forward.

Best of luck from here onward and welcome to the forum.

Run as fast as you can from http://metrovending.homestead.com/ I have used them in the past and they the only thing the commit to in the deal is taking your money. The locations are .5-3 case a month locations, they promise you the world and give chest pains. they promise to show you the ropes and that does not happen, all they are doing is giving you a number to the bottler that is the wrong dept and make you promise not to mention them. Most of the routes where horrible or refused once the machine showed up. It took over a year to dig out of the whole they put me in. Luckily I found Bev (support) and Eddie for new locations to keep me afloat.

Im new to the board but I do this full time and have been at it for over a year all full service soda.

The strong survive. Congratulations on your first year of hard work. It doesn't get easier but it will make some money for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone.

Bev

The strong survive. Congratulations on your first year of hard work. It doesn't get easier but it will make some money for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone.

Bev

Bev has it right, expensive mistake but the important thing is that you survived your mistake, learned from it and are moving on. I promise it won't be the last mistake either, even with the help of the members here.

The important thing is to stay focused on the long term goal and don't let the little things keep you down and discourage you.

• 1 month later...

Wow! I have used them and they were amazing. Nothing like that happened to me. They helped me from start to finish and even replaced my machines that didn't make enough money. I wonder if your confused on the company because their are allot of third party vendors out there. I think metro-vending is one of the better ones though. I even have a friend that used them and she had a good experience as well.

• 2 months later...

Thanx,

Onecent,

Sorry to read about your troubles.

But, at least you found some proper help in Bev and Eddie.

If it took you a year to dig out of the hole you got into, that means you are out of it and doing better now.

That's a positive.

Now, stay focused and just consider the year of hassle a year of education in the vending biz and the money spent was just tuition.

Keep moving forward.

Best of luck from here onward and welcome to the forum.

Thank you, I will stay focused.

Bev has it right, expensive mistake but the important thing is that you survived your mistake, learned from it and are moving on. I promise it won't be the last mistake either, even with the help of the members here.

The important thing is to stay focused on the long term goal and don't let the little things keep you down and discourage you.

No, im not confused, I have the cashers check and scar in my back from where I got stabbed by them, Van is not a man of his word, I am a business person, I have proof of his bad business practices.

Wow! I have used them and they were amazing. Nothing like that happened to me. They helped me from start to finish and even replaced my machines that didn't make enough money. I wonder if your confused on the company because their are allot of third party vendors out there. I think metro-vending is one of the better ones though. I even have a friend that used them and she had a good experience as well.

Archived