If you had an extra $20,000 for vending

danielirubin

This topic is for bulk vending there is another one like it for full line inside of the respective forum.

Meant to be a topic of discussion and debate or simply put tell us what you would do if you had 20,000 dollars to invest in vending.

What machines would you buy? Would you buy a vehicle to help you service your company? Would you hire a part time employee? Would you use a locator because you have the money, or find them all yourself? If so what companies would you use.

Or would you take it to Vegas and try to double up? cool.gif

If I had $20,000 to invest I would start by buying a used mini van for around $5000-6500. Then spend $2000 on admin/uniforms (Ipad, embroidered button up shirts, incorperating, insurance), $2000 upgrading existing accounts, $4000 on more equipment, $2500 on product, $2500 on a couple different locators and put the rest in the bank.

If I had $20,000 to invest I would start by buying a used mini van for around $5000-6500. Then spend $2000 on admin/uniforms (Ipad, embroidered button up shirts, incorperating, insurance), $2000 upgrading existing accounts, $4000 on more equipment, $2500 on product, $2500 on a couple different locators and put the rest in the bank.

It only leaves you about 500 for the bank. I know it goes fast. lol

nice response! thank you

This topic is for bulk vending there is another one like it for full line inside of the respective forum.

Meant to be a topic of discussion and debate or simply put tell us what you would do if you had 20,000 dollars to invest in vending.

What machines would you buy? Would you buy a vehicle to help you service your company? Would you hire a part time employee? Would you use a locator because you have the money, or find them all yourself? If so what companies would you use.

Or would you take it to Vegas and try to double up? cool.gif

I would buy more nice racks setup with toys, If I needed a vehicle to better service things or help build a professional immage maybe?, No employees, I would locate myself as I would rather put the money into machines and I love getting out and locating myself. It is the next best thing to collecting the money. ;D

If you worked it right you could do it all and the 80,000 quarters should come back to you.

I would take $5000 and invest it in candy machines, candy products and locations. I would take $15,000 and put it in a Money Market account. The $15,000 would go toward my long term goal. That is to own one or a combination of the following:

Storage Units owner

Car Wash

Laundermat

Real Estate

10,000.00 for new machines and parts

9999.00 for toys and tats

1.00 to hire hillbilly to help service the routes

I'd buy $18,000 worth of 4-way NW racks which should be about 47 racks total. Then I'd buy $2000 worth of product, enough to fill your displays about 1/4 of the way. After the first service I'd buy the full supply of product.

HIllbilly locator service 1.00 per 20 locations! im def gunna hire him

HIllbilly locator service 1.00 per 20 locations! im def gunna hire him

I'd buy $18,000 worth of 4-way NW racks which should be about 47 racks total. Then I'd buy $2000 worth of product, enough to fill your displays about 1/4 of the way. After the first service I'd buy the full supply of product.

out of curiosity why would you buy almost 50 racks at once, but only 1/4 of the product needed to fill. wouldnt it make sense to buy one or two at a time and the full amount of product?

Why wouldyou put money into a money market account making 0.5 percent annually?

If I had $20K I'd buy a bunch of covered calls in the market.

If I had to spend it on vending, I would buy 5 ATMs and pay someone to locate them for me. 5 ATMs for $10,000. $5000 to stock the ATMs for the first two week. Probly $1000 to locate them. $4000 into the business account for unforeseen expenses (insurance)

out of curiosity why would you buy almost 50 racks at once, but only 1/4 of the product needed to fill. wouldnt it make sense to buy one or two at a time and the full amount of product?

By buying more racks, you're buying distribution infrastructure. The infrastructure to distribute is what you should be maximizing, not putting your money in excess inventory. 1/4 filled if you've got a small budget will work just fine. What you're basically doing is trading efficiency for profits. You're working harder by initially servicing more often, but giving yourself the opportunity to leverage more sales with more locations.

If you were to spend $5000 to fully stock your machines, you're adding efficiency (more time between service cycles) but forgoing ultimate profitability (more locations, more sales).

Anyway, that's what I'd do.

By buying more racks, you're buying distribution infrastructure. The infrastructure to distribute is what you should be maximizing, not putting your money in excess inventory. 1/4 filled if you've got a small budget will work just fine. What you're basically doing is trading efficiency for profits. You're working harder by initially servicing more often, but giving yourself the opportunity to leverage more sales with more locations.

If you were to spend $5000 to fully stock your machines, you're adding efficiency (more time between service cycles) but forgoing ultimate profitability (more locations, more sales).

Anyway, that's what I'd do.

more profits I approve of this message

if it was for only bulk vending. I would spend roughly $12k on a van, then use the remaining $8k for machine and product to finish putting one of my competitors out of business.

before she pissed me off, she had roughly 40 locations. She has lost 14 to date because of me. And I have been getting more locations each month after servicing.

And its quite simple. "Are you happy with *****'s service?" NO "Hi, I'm Mike with NinnJinn vending." blah, blah, blah...... then I move my machine in, and they put her's to the side.

And its quite simple. "Are you happy with *****'s service?" NO "Hi, I'm Mike with NinnJinn vending." blah, blah, blah...... then I move my machine in, and they put her's to the side.

Yeah, that's the way to do it. Lots of full line guys dropping the ball. Gotta pick that sh*t up and rock it out.

• 1 month later...

Would you guys recommend racks or small NW machines for someone just starting out in the toy vending?

I think racks are the way to go but a lot depends on your locating ability. Racks are not as easy to place as small machines and the commissions will be higher in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Im actually going to be borrowing about $20,000 from a family member so i thought I'd come back to this thread. However, Im still debating on which type of machines to build around with 20 k to invest. They all kind of have their pros and cons. I do have 40 bulk machines right now and am doing slightly over 1 k a month, but I really don't like servicing the 8 select u turn machines. I will keep my route, I just don't want to increase it with anymore 8 select u turns. However, Vendesign is about 10 times easier to service than the U turns since you don't have to spend up to 10 minutes just collecting the coins that didn't land in the boxes. Im also highly considering NW triple heads, NW doubles, singles, and even the Beaver doubles and singles. Also debating on whether to sell gumballs or other candy or even just bouncy balls. And I also have been looking into the AA Global toy machines, they look like they have good value. Perhaps each location is different and there is no clear answer. Im not really looking to buy racks at this moment, maybe in the future. I got to start with something a little more simplistic.

Im actually going to be borrowing about $20,000 from a family member so i thought I'd come back to this thread. However, Im still debating on which type of machines to build around with 20 k to invest. They all kind of have their pros and cons. I do have 40 bulk machines right now and am doing slightly over 1 k a month, but I really don't like servicing the 8 select u turn machines. I will keep my route, I just don't want to increase it with anymore 8 select u turns. However, Vendesign is about 10 times easier to service than the U turns since you don't have to spend up to 10 minutes just collecting the coins that didn't land in the boxes. Im also highly considering NW triple heads, NW doubles, singles, and even the Beaver doubles and singles. Also debating on whether to sell gumballs or other candy or even just bouncy balls. And I also have been looking into the AA Global toy machines, they look like they have good value. Perhaps each location is different and there is no clear answer. Im not really looking to buy racks at this moment, maybe in the future. I got to start with something a little more simplistic.

For simplicity then do single and double A&A PM Supremes and stick to Gumballs and 32mm bouncy balls at .50, order new so you don't have to waste time refurbing. Any locations that does $50 or more a month evaluate it for rack upgrade, and start replacing them u-turns and sell them on ebay or craigslist.

Vending consists of 3 things, locating, placing the machines and servicing them every month. So its best that the money is put into getting more machines, uniforms, a vehicle and product.

Here's how i would spend $20,000

Machines - Perfect chance to get into full line and expand a bulk route.

Buy 2 full line machines- $6,000

Buy 3 Beaver Big Boy Stations - $10,000

(More machines in 1 place = More money)

Product

Buy 125 cases of 20 ounce bottles - $1,250

Toys and Candy for Racks - $1,000

Transportation

On hold until money starts coming in - $0

Uniforms

Embroidered shirts - $10.00

Total

$18,260

The remaining $1,740 would be deposited in my money market account so it could grow. Or be used in case of opportunity! grin.gif

Archived