SHERMCO Vending Beverage & Snack Machines, MD?

I respect your position on not liking certain machines.  Not every machine is for every person.  I sell all brands and let my customers decide what brand machine they want to use.  The truth is not everyone can afford a Crane Merchant 6 or a Golden Eye AP.   We have machines at all budgets for all customers.  I have lots of customers who love the China and Indian made machines.  Believe it or not I have some customers who only want to use them because the programming is very user friendly compared to some other machines on the market.  I appreciate your feedback and look forward to discussing more about vending with you in the future.

Regards

Jonathan 

I respect your position on not liking certain machines.  Not every machine is for every person.  I sell all brands and let my customers decide what brand machine they want to use.  The truth is not everyone can afford a Crane Merchant 6 or a Golden Eye AP.   We have machines at all budgets for all customers.  I have lots of customers who love the China and Indian made machines.  Believe it or not I have some customers who only want to use them because the programming is very user friendly compared to some other machines on the market.  I appreciate your feedback and look forward to discussing more about vending with you in the future.

Regards

Jonathan 

The truth is many people can not afford to get into vending the correct way and they end up with these type machines. I have been in the vending industry for going on 15 years and have never once ran into a good vending location ran by a professional vending company with any of those machines. The only time I have ever seen those machines is in low volume accounts by people that did not truly understand vending.

On the flip side of that give me a old AP 7600 or USI 3015 and I will take my chances with it placed in a solid account being taken by someone offering updated newer equipment. Again, I cant name one "legitimate" vending operator or company that uses these type machines. The fact is many locations these machines are in just do not justify vending at all.

Their was a YMCA in my area where a member wanted to get into vending. She talked them into letting her do it and she bought 2 Office Deli machines. Soon later she had to buy two more because she could not keep up with the volume. Soon later she lost the account because she could not keep them running and serviced correctly. I placed two five wide USI machines and been there for around 4 years now. If she would have understood what to buy in the first place she would had a much better chance of keeping the account.

Again, not saying you are a bad company or bad person I am just saying I just cant support anyone that even carries and sells these machines even if they carry the other brands I trust. Sorry but it just goes against my grain of what I preach and teach all the time. As far as "locating" and such that is an entirely different conversation.  

• 11 months later...

Okay,  I know this thread is old.  But, it's new to me and I feel I have to insert my two cents on this regarding Shermco.  I just bought two machines from them.  One was an AP 5-wide and the other was a Dixie Narco live display 501.  I got a great price on both machines delivered and set up.  They brought them down from 90 minutes away.  I was purchasing refurbished, though I'm quite sure the AP is brand new.  The drink machine was refurbished with a new compressor and front with the rest receiving a thorough cleaning. I feel I got a great deal from a good company.  Just because someone advertises on Craigslist does not mean they are scam artists.  As with anything, do your homework.  

By the way, I was never offered a combo or locating services.  I'm not brand new to vending and did call for specific machines/type of machines.  All in all, I would recommend this company.

The AP is not new as AP had been out of business since Crane screwed the world and bought AP and DN 5-6 years ago.  Be wary of a new compressor.  There is no need to replace one just because a machine is being refurbished.  Make sure it just wasn't cleaned real well.  My 2 cents.

If the AP is not new, it would fool even the best.  All spirals are obviously new.  the racks appear to have never been used.  The coin mech/validator appear new.  The wiring looks new.  The glass door is new.  There was even a brand new manual in the bottom with new door hardware still taped to the bottom of the machine.  Besides, the equipment came with 90 day warranty from Shermco along with lifetime phone support.  As Shermco posted in this thread that there is another Shermco out west, I would not confuse the two.  I believe I received two great machines from this company and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Be wary of previously unsold AP machines.  The last few they built in their last year or so barely have parts support from Crane.  The 930 series especially had the ridiculously crappy plastic delivery bins that are no longer available from anyone.  Even in AP's last year it took them months to ship me a delivery bin for a customer.  They kept sending me returned and damaged parts that had been returned from other vendors.  Going to the top finally got me a new bin a few months later but they were still being put on a waiting list at that time.  These bins ALL have a breakage issue of the delivery door pivot points that are molded into the bins, not to mention deformed mounting tabs and other issues with PLASTIC? delivery bins.  Crane has gone on to discontinue massive quantities of part numbers for AP and DN legacy machines in their quest to simply sell new machines to people.  On top of that, the new snacks that Crane came out with at the time were hideous, plastic and had slow, poorly programmed logic boards and, in my old school opinion, they are still making ugly machines.

Some of the LCM machines are quite attractive in my opinion.  Mind you, I have seen (and currently own) a few older model machines that look almost like new inside as they have been in clean locations with no abuse.  Machines like that look like new when cleaned up.  They usually work like new as well, except for the normal items that wear and tear such as motors, lights, etc...

There's nothing wrong with feeling like you got a like-new machine.  That's a good thing, but definitely not new.  Never used? Perhaps, but it probably came down the manufacturing line over 10 years ago.  Still, nothing wrong with getting a refurbished machine if it works perfectly.  I buy refurbished/used machines all the time.  The bigger point here is that you are happy with your experience and it's good to share that.

Thank you DWC31015 for the nice words mentioned above.  We really appreciate the feedback. 

As for the conversation regarding AP.   Automatic Product machines are not known for being the most attractive machines but they are very well built in my opinion.  They are great little work horses in the vending industry.  We sell lots of AP 113, LCM4's LCM5's, Studio 2's, Studio 3"s AP7600 Etc here at Shermco.   The parts are still easy to get for these machines.  These machines are fairly easy to work on if you know what you are doing.  All in all AP is a top notch brand in my book.  You can't go wrong with an AP. 

I really enjoy reading the comments on this forum.  Thanks for writing! 

Archived