SHERMCO Vending Beverage & Snack Machines, MD?

SHERMCO - Beverage and snack Machines (Sales / Repair / Locator)

Has anyone here used SHERMCO in MD?

Visited them today and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has had positive or negative experiences.

He highly suggested I get a combo to start with.

Seemed like an honest guy. But definitely want to do my own research.

Thanks in advance

GV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

LOL! I know Jonathan, one of the owners. We do all of their repair work on their coin mechs and validators and they buy most of their mechs and validators from us as well. Don't know what kind of business they do with other people though. He seems like an honest guy to me too.

• 2 years later...

I see their ads here in Arizona too.  Why would anyone buy imported crap from them when there are tons of used machines on the market here?  I report their ad whenever I see it because I know they are likely to scam people and not support what they sell.  Deal locally.  You'll be much happier.

I see their ads here in Arizona too.  Why would anyone buy imported crap from them when there are tons of used machines on the market here?  I report their ad whenever I see it because I know they are likely to scam people and not support what they sell.  Deal locally.  You'll be much happier.

I agree, anything i see on CL i take it with a grain of salt... I spoke to one of their sales persons and they were selling a Combo (which turns out to be crap after reading on this forum) with a location of 150 people for $3999, but no I'm staying a way from this people. I will try to build my own routes if I can, if not I still got my day job which pays the bills..

Thanks AZ!

SHERMCO - Beverage and snack Machines (Sales / Repair / Locator)

Has anyone here used SHERMCO in MD?

Visited them today and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has had positive or negative experiences.

He highly suggested I get a combo to start with.

Seemed like an honest guy. But definitely want to do my own research.

Thanks in advance

GV

Sounds like he's either got too many combos sitting around or he doesn't know squat about real world vending,  Starting with a combo is the worst thing that you could possibly do for a number of reasons that have been discussed here many times.  Spend a few hours reading back through this forum and you'll get much better advice than this character is capable of providing.

Holy Cow, just realized that this thread is three years old ..... in the immortal words of Rosanna Anna Danna - NEVER MIND  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sounds like he's either got too many combos sitting around or he doesn't know squat about real world vending,  Starting with a combo is the worst thing that you could possibly do for a number of reasons that have been discussed here many times.  Spend a few hours reading back through this forum and you'll get much better advice than this character is capable of providing.

Holy Cow, just realized that this thread is three years old ..... in the immortal words of Rosanna Anna Danna - NEVER MIND  ;D  ;D  ;D

Whats bad about being late for the party is the Coors Lite is already gone, leaving just that nasty stuff!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

cajun

Whats bad about being late for the party is the Coors Lite is already gone, leaving just that nasty stuff!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

cajun

Yeah .... the kind that Kiwi drinks

Yeah it was me who digged this old post from the grave, didn't want to start a new one since there was one already, at least i did do my home work and search the forum..

The best advice I can give someone who has never vended and knows nothing of it is don't use a locator. You will pay  4 times what a location is worth.

Don't buy combos... The location will work you to death for pennies.

Don't buy a piece of another vendors route. They are trying to get rid of their crap

Find someone who just wants out who has maybe 10 to 20 locations. Go with them to each location and make notes. Things to look for first and most important  is pricing. 50 cent cans and $1.00 bottles will make you nothing. 75 cent candy will make you nothing. Raising those price after purchase will get you thrown out of most locations.

Is the equipment clean and working.Remember equipment is only worth 1/2 as much in storage. Example a Dixie Narco 501 E is worth $1200 on location but only $600 in storage. AP 7600 on location $750 to $1000 on location of maybe $300 in storage..

Distance between stops is also important you don't want to be driving all over the place. They are out there just keep your eyes open. This is pretty basic.

I'd say the thread is still relevant as I've seen him advertising quite a bit in my area as of late. I talked to him on the phone and while I think the forum agrees Seaga's are crap machines he doesn't seem overpriced compared to other vendors. It's just if you shop around you can find the same equipment used or refurbished cheaper. So while there are better buys out there if you look around I don't think it necessarily makes them a bad company for being priced similar to other equipment vendors but I'm also new to this so maybe I'm not comparing apples to apples when I looked at his prices.

He's mainly a bad supplier because of the subpar machines he sells to people who don't know any better.  However that's just my opinion and I'll still report his ads as spam.

I'd say the thread is still relevant as I've seen him advertising quite a bit in my area as of late. I talked to him on the phone and while I think the forum agrees Seaga's are crap machines he doesn't seem overpriced compared to other vendors. It's just if you shop around you can find the same equipment used or refurbished cheaper. So while there are better buys out there if you look around I don't think it necessarily makes them a bad company for being priced similar to other equipment vendors but I'm also new to this so maybe I'm not comparing apples to apples when I looked at his prices.

His prices looks OK, to what he clamins good accounts, but crappy machines... What i seen here that almost everyone sugest to stay away from these combos and that's what i'm gonna do..

His prices looks OK, to what he clamins good accounts, but crappy machines... What i seen here that almost everyone sugest to stay away from these combos and that's what i'm gonna do..

Advising potential new vendors that they should start with a combo machine and then try to push a Seaga on them is completely low life in my view.  Good Combo machines (AP, AMS and Crane) do have a legitimate place in this business, but only as a satellite machine in a large location (management break room)  No established vendor will buy Seaga equipment unless they just want the location.

Advising potential new vendors that they should start with a combo machine and then try to push a Seaga on them is completely low life in my view.  Good Combo machines (AP, AMS and Crane) do have a legitimate place in this business, but only as a satellite machine in a large location (management break room)  No established vendor will buy Seaga equipment unless they just want the location.

Well technically, he is not selling Seaga, his machines are called Shermco, which is the same machine i assume, I'm guessing they buy these machine and slap their own labels on it..

http://www.wearevending.com/vending-machines/combo-machines/

Well technically, he is not selling Seaga, his machines are called Shermco, which is the same machine i assume, I'm guessing they buy these machine and slap their own labels on it..

http://www.wearevending.com/vending-machines/combo-machines/

Looks to be mix of Seagas and Witterns - both companies are known for private labeling with the Witterns being far superior to the Seaga equipment.  The larger machines are Witterns - look to be the Mercato series.

Shyster /ˈʃstər/ is a slang word for someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical, or unscrupulous way, especially in the practice of law, sometimes also politics or business.

​They pry on good people and it makes me sick........ These guys are no better than the auto mechanic that changes your oil and then tries to sell you something you don't need. My wife took her old caddy in to Jiffy Lube to get her oil changed and a short time later she calls me and tells me they said her tranny was 4 quarts low on fluid.  :blink:  She puts the guy on the phone and I asked him if there was a trail of fluid going into the bay. He says no there isn't.  :angry:  I said then how did you get the car in there? No comment from him. I told him to get her oil changed and let her go. I called the corporate office and reported him. They did nothing. 

Looks to be mix of Seagas and Witterns - both companies are known for private labeling with the Witterns being far superior to the Seaga equipment.  The larger machines are Witterns - look to be the Mercato series.

Are my eyes seeing things or are you actually making a positive comment about USI's  ;D

• 8 months later...

For full disclosure I want to mention I am with Shermco Vending.  I am responding to this forum to clear up a few things that seem to be misinterpreted.   Our company does offer many services as people have mentioned above.  It is true we sell Seaga and Wittern machines.  We are a distributor for them but, we also sell other major brand in America not just those two brands.  We are not limited to selling only those brands.  We give our customers all of the options so they can make the best choice for their vending needs.  We offer all brands new and refurbished including Dixie Narco, Automatic Products, USI, Wittern, AMS, Polyvend, Gaines, Fortune, Multi-Max, Bevmax, Crane, National, Royal, Vendo, Genesis, Cavalier and much more.  We don't just sell combo machines.  We sell snack machines and soda machines. 

Someone mentioned that we spam Arizona with our ad's this is simply not true.  We don't advertise out west.  Our customer base is regional.  We service DC, MD, VA, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT and VA.  We will ship parts nation wide and freight machines across the country if someone asks but we don't market outside of our region.  Believe it or not there is another vending company in Texas named Shermco Vending.  It is possible that those ad's were from them.  

We are not in the business to scam people.  I know that there are lots of companies that do that.  We are not one of them.  We have been around for many years and always prided ourselves on having the best price and the best product.  I encourage you to shop out my products with any competitor and you will see our prices are usually the lowest or close to it for fully refurbished and brand new equipment.  If we are not the lowest let me know and I will try to beat or match the product.  

I work really hard to keep my customers happy.  Feel free to call around to other large vending machine retailers you will get the truth about our company.  Our company is well respected in the industry.  

It is also true we find location's for our customers.  We never sell anyone a location without them approving it before purchasing.  We work very different then most locators out there.  Most locators make you put up a deposit before they even have a location for you.  Our company has a list of accounts you can pick from before you pay a dime.  This way you can be diligent and see the location for yourself to ensure you are getting the location you desire.  We are one of the only companies who does location's this way.   

We also sell parts.  Our company had acquired a lot of parts before they went out of business. We have lots of used fully working parts for Genesis and many other brands.  We fully test parts before they go out and they are backed with a warranty.  If you are looking for a part even if it's obsolete let me know.  I have tons of random used parts for Seaga, Fortune, Genesis, Automatic Products, AMS, Gaines, NV2020, RS800, RC800, GO380, GO127, Office Deli, Royal, Dixie Narco, Bevmax, Crane, National, USI, Wittern, Polyvend, Cavalier and much much more.  Feel free to ask questions.  I also offer tech support if you need it.  I stock compressor decks, motors, spirals, coin mechs, bill acceptors, harnesses, control boards and many other random parts that you may need.  

If you have any questions about anything I am happy to talk with you.  I don't mind criticism because it helps me figure out how to make our company better.  I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and for your comments.  

I hope to earn your business

301-977-1085

Regards

Jonathan 

Shermco Vending 

9 month old thread, but hey, better late than never. 

Sorry, but if you sell any brands but USI, Crane,AMS,Dixie Narco, Vendo, Royal (I am sure I am missing a couple) you are not doing anyone any favors. I try and support anyone/business that is in the vending business but I just cant support nor recommend anyone that would promote, sell, or suggest anyone buy machines from Genesis, Sega, Office Deli, etc.  Sorry, but I can not take anyone serious that would sell these machines. Much of the bad rap vending has gotten over the years is from uneducated people buying these crap machines and placing them in crap locations. So many people have lost tons of money because of this and it is sad. 

I am not saying you are a bad person or a bad company, I just cant support a company that would sell these type machines because I try my best to educate people away from them.  

Archived