Catching Hell just PREPARING to service U turns

JLM Vending

LOL!

A Uturn in a McDonalds? Yea, right and hold the pickels and biggie size it to an 8-way!!

And in the airport?? Yea man, we see biz-op bulk machines in airports all the time!!

I have a better change of getting a date with a Dallas Cowboy's cheer leader - which is zero (maybe even in the negatives)!! And that would be without wearing a Steelers jersey.

Too funny!! :D

In all seriousness, he said he has spots in Mcdonalds, Chucky Cheese, Burger King, a couple at the airport, Home Depot, Chillies, Chevys, Olive Garden, and one with just nuts and sugarless gum at a 24 hour fitness or something similar to that. Pretty much all 8 selects. Has 100 machines or so and states that none of them average less than 50 bucks a month. The last time i ever talked to him I questioned him and told him other vendors say that is nearly impossible. He got real upset and said ''Who do you want to believe? Some stupid idiot or the experts? Whose side are you on?'' Then he hung up and told me that I'm f*cking around and am not serious. I suppose he realized he wasn't going to get me the 50 k package. That would have ruined my life.

"Trust but Verify", Ronald Reagan.

About 6 years ago, there was a guy here in Orlando that bought 700 8-select Uturns!! He (or his locator) dumped them in every Billy Bob Transmission and Joe Bob Used Car lot he could find. I guess he bought the pitch! He tried to sell his route for $180,000, but there were no takers - surprise! He did eventually sell his route a few years ago, but I don't know the price. Probably for pennies on the dollar.

I've been off the forums a great deal. Judging by JLM's join date and comments, he bought from U-turn? I assume he was past the dead lines for declining the charges and daring them to show up in court proceedings since they run a biz-op scam?

I really don't know how the Uturn Corp stays in business with their over priced equipment and questionable practices of misrepresenting actual results. Thought they would have gone out the same way as Vendstar and 1-800 by now.

Hey, let's have a protest!

Let's call it "Occupy Uturn Corp" and camp out in their parking lot and throw Idaho potatoes at their machines! Or better yet, throw all that left over stale candy in their parking lot that never sold from those 8-selection "terminator" beasts! Maybe Arnold is available for another Terminator movie and could film it during the protest - Terminator 4 - Rise of the Uturns! Makes your head spin, doesn't it?

I really don't know how the Uturn Corp stays in business with their over priced equipment and questionable practices of misrepresenting actual results. Thought they would have gone out the same way as Vendstar and 1-800 by now.

Hey, let's have a protest!

Let's call it "Occupy Uturn Corp" and camp out in their parking lot and throw Idaho potatoes at their machines! Or better yet, throw all that left over stale candy in their parking lot that never sold from those 8-selection "terminator" beasts! Maybe Arnold is available for another Terminator movie and could film it during the protest - Terminator 4 - Rise of the Uturns! Makes your head spin, doesn't it?

Admittedly i had a locator locate me the rest of my u turns, so i could get them out of my garage. I paid for that just before my service day. Im actually getting all the rest of them out and have 3 locations to drop off today, although they look like good spots. These u turns are too much work so i will only view these machines as a very small part time job and hobby now, that's how i look at it. It took me 1 hour just to fix up each machine that Im gonna bring out today. I had to position all the tumblers, make sure they are working, make sure the canisters are clean, and also screwing all the bolts on the tumblers, and putting it all together. So it took me about 3 hours just to fix up 3 of the machines, they do require a TON of work not only servicing them, but PREPARING them. The other guy i talked to with the SINGLES told me his stress level is 10 times less than mine and he averages maybe even more than i do. Im not going to sell them just yet... because i put so much work into preparing them and building my route. But i will continue to build with other more simple types of machines. Then after several months will reevaluate to see where Im at and see what I want to do with em. But for now i will just look at my 40 or so u turns as a bad part time job/hobby and a learning experience.

Naw i don't really want to quit, although i feel beat. I already got this far. I knew that i was not gonna get rich quick anyways. I mean if it got SO bad that it didn't make sense to do it anymore, then I would be quitting for a legit reason, not because my hopes are too high. Having said that, do you think certain parts of the country such as CA just don't use candy/gum machines? Im just grasping for answers as far as why it's so so bad right now. I hear gumballs are better than u turns, however gumballs sell poorly in my u turns, so it's hard for me to believe that. Also, do restaurants care to take in charity machines for toys?

For what it's worth to you JLM, I own 4 U Turn machines, all 4 Selects. 3 of the 4 are doing well. On a combination of PMMs, Skittles, MMs, and Gumballs, I'm grossing, monthly: (a) $27.60; (2) $55.80; (3) $57.60; (4) $13.50. The $13.50 is my fault for keeping the machine at a dog location. Those numbers represent an average of approximately 6 months of vending.

I bought all of my U Turns used off of eBay. Even with shipping built into the cost, I paid an average of $106 for each of the 4, so 3 of the 4 have already paid for themselves. If I were you, I would concentrate on getting rid of those Terminators. Not many locations can support the sales volume required to maintain fresh product in those machines. With the 4 Selects, I think that your problems are more about location than machine type.

Nevertheless, I agree with the comments endorsing further simplification. I just received shipment of a Northwestern Super 60, and I have another one on order. Going forward, I'm doing to do all new Super 60s, 2 per stand, one for Gumballs/capsules and another for candy.

Archived