Coffee Service

BobTHJ

I'm thinking about adding coffee service. I was going to go purchase a couple Keurig machines and do the K-cup route. Any suggestions on how to operate this? Do you charge a monthly coffee machine lease? What do you charge per K-cup? Do you invoice your clients - collect on site - or use a pay-as-you-go honor system? Any other suggestions?

I'm thinking about adding coffee service. I was going to go purchase a couple Keurig machines and do the K-cup route. Any suggestions on how to operate this? Do you charge a monthly coffee machine lease? What do you charge per K-cup? Do you invoice your clients - collect on site - or use a pay-as-you-go honor system? Any other suggestions?

I know the K-cup is popular and coffee seems to be coming back. I had a simple pour over route and inline machines too. They were easy to handle and we just invoiced as they used the products. You can run into a problem when you find them buying their own coffee instead of yours. Normally you just talk to the owner or manager. I often used min. sales if they started happening. I have several vending operators that use the k-cup system. People like it.

Just FYI from my brother's experience dealing with Keurig/GMC. Don't even bother trying to contact them directly to buy wholesale and get better prices. They won't deal with anyone that doesn't have a client base of at least 3-4 years, and they are rabid about protecting their approved supply chain.

Archived