Anyone have problems with your locator service?

vendsmarts

I ordered 6 placements from a company most people on here speak highly of. I got 3 emails last night. I worked hard to get the machines ready. out of the 3 only 1 business accepted the machine. The other 2 places said no to the location company, but then the location company called again saying it was approved by manager and set up the drop off times with lower ranking employees.

This is manipulation and it cost me a lot of gas money, time and I had to deal with pissed off managers. I emailed the the company tonight telling them about what happened and demanded refund of the 5 unplaced location services.

I dont want to go though another day like today. If this company is suposed to be the best at locating, then I may be better off doing it my self. I may buy a big route in the next week anyways.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "I may locate my self" now I know that some times you have to use a locator. But its best to locate as much as you can on your own. Locators get paid to get locations. Not to get good locations

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I still have service with this company and it is unprofessional for me to talk about it on here. I apologize to them and have faith that they will resolve my issues. If I could delete this forum topic I would.

I still have service with this company and it is unprofessional for me to talk about it on here. I apologize to them and have faith that they will resolve my issues. If I could delete this forum topic I would.

Let me guess:

You got an email from Rob regarding the problems with your KSL order and/or you had a phone conversation about it.

And he has pledged to you that his staff will "get right on it" to fill your order.

You may have even received some vague explanation as to how or why KSL made mistakes on your order....but, probably not.

You also probably did not receive a promise that similar mistakes won't happen again on your current order.

And what you definitely did not get was a commitment to hold any KSL rep accountable for the errors that wasted your time and gas.

Remember, I'm just guessing.

I'm no psychic....so, I may be wrong.

But, if I am not wrong, you are probably wondering how I know.

And if you are wondering how I know....now it's your turn to take a guess.... :rolleyes:

Serously, though...I hope all works out for you vendsmarts.

If you continue to use KSL or ANY locator, you still are correct about needing to do your own locating.

As havending mentioned, it's important that you find some of your own locations.

Use KSL or whatever locator you like best to supplement your locating efforts.

Relying on just locators to grow your route is usually a bad a idea.

No one cares for your business as much as you...no matter how much you pay them.

On the contrary. This is the purpose of this forum. Not only are you helping fellow vendors avoid similar problems but you are helping yourself as well. You'd be surprised how some businesses will bend over backward to please you when they become aware that you've aired your grievances to your peers.

You said that this locator was, according to most on this site, one of the best. Would you have thought differently about spending your money with them had there been more threads like this?

All I ask is that if/when Rob satisfies you with his service, you update this thread accordingly.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

I wasn't going to say anything but since someone did I am currently using 2 locators do to my crazy schedule with 2 other jobs plus vending. I hired 2 companies both on the forum and lets just say one company could not get a single location with in a zip code so I had to give two more and still nothing after almost 3 weeks.

Then the other company cant find me a 3rd location after two months, and they had 2 zip codes to work in (major cities)

I too had locations that were not really approved after loading up driving to them only to bring everything back

Machines costs tied up, candy, locator fees. not very professional.

Is it just me (obviously not) but how do these companies stay in business with customer service like its been.

If I get this new route I will be doing this all myself.

very frustrated

I can understand issues in finding locations in certain areas. its really bad when Im told to place a machine and get to the location and told that they said no to locator company. Its ok now. I got my refund. I think it was the actions of the employee at fault, not rob.

Its a shame I couldnt do business with them, but I couldnt waste anymore time and gas going to locations that said they didnt say yes. I will just have to grow my route without help.

Archived