Michelle Obama boycotts Coca-Cola?

AngryChris

Okay.. so here's the scoop. I just got a phone call from someone claiming that, after Michelle Obama had presumably accused Coca-Cola products as being unhealthy (big shock right?), Coca-Cola ( assumption here ) had "boycotted Michelle Obama's health program."

I have no idea what is meant by this claim but now they want to know if I can stop selling coca-cola products because they want to put a boycott on Coca-Cola. I told this contact that I do not engage in political activities and if they didn't want to buy Coca-Cola, they didn't have to. My problem is that the ONLY person that gets hurt in this situation is me, as the vendor.

Simply put, I am sure that even if I "boycott" selling Coca-Cola products to meet their agenda, my coke customers are just going to buy their coke products elsewhere and I am just going to lose sales while coke loses nothing and the account's political actions gain whatever it is they wanted to gain.

Has anyone had any experience with a situation like this? I want no part in political activities unless it's life-or-death to the account.

P.S. As of right now, they didn't say I had to stop selling these products, just asked if I would.

What did the location want you to replace it with? Pepsi products? Like that is more healthy. I think a dialog finding out why they want this and what they suggest you should do is needed. If it is a healthy issue then you should know. Political issue, blech.

I explained the situation to them and asked more about it and apparently one person in the entire location had brought it up and they basically dropped the whole idea of me boycotting myself from selling coca-cola products.

Resolved.

Archived